New Year’s Resolution Event WINNERS

How we all doing on our New Years Resolutions?

I’ve cut out chocolate and cakes and done a bit of calorie counting along with closing my Apple Watch rings and lost 11lb nice and slowly. Feeling a lot better :slight_smile:
I do love these scales

4 Likes

Good job buddy, I’m so far maintaining the weight loss I had and it varies day to day with me going up or down a few pounds. But since I have the eufy genie I had Alexa schedule alarms for me to get up and move and exercise. I have also been a bit more productive, just this past Thursday I worked 16 hours, went home and slept for 5 and then back to the grind for a 8 hour shift and then family time with my nieces and my sister

My resolution to be luckier, has FAILED MISSERABLY

proof, I never win and i.didnt win.on this either… :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

That’s awesome… congrats!

Close all the rings! What are the requirements for each circle?

It measures activity.
The stand ring just needs you to move about for at least 1 minute of every hour. I work at a desk and it’s surprising how often I don’t move.

The exercise ring requires 30 mins exercise everyday.

The move ring measures active calories so mine is set on 450 so from the exercise you do it adds them on.

Luckily I’ve got a treadmill in the house so jump on there after work and finish off my rings :ok_hand:

Way to go! That’s awesome! You’re doing slightly better than I am with the rings. I’m missing two days in January, but the Soundbuds Curve get used just about daily! Mostly while I sit at my desk and work, but they’re great on the warmer days when I can get outside for a run.

I need to get one of those smart scales! They seem awesome! Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers @TheCharneco. There was a new achievement in the Watch app to for Feb so I bagged that too :thumbsup:

They should have some brand new achievements really. I used to like the ones on the Nike Running app too.

1 Like

I agree. Some of the achievements are hard to reach, others aren’t very clear, and the fun “bonus” ones are so random. I stopped using the Nike app just to be able to keep all progress in one app. I love my Apple Watch though. I’m kind of obsessed with closing the rings. LOL!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one obsessed with ring-closing! :muscle:

1 Like

Them rings gotta be closed @TheCharneco & @TechnicallyWell. It’s the rules :joy:

I have been known to run around the house if I’ve suddenly realised I haven’t closed them and I’m in my PJ’s lol

3 Likes

@Oggyboy and @TechnicallyWell …or you could just run in place for a minute before getting in bed just to reach the calorie goal for the day. LOL! I often just lower my wrist and shake it back and forth to hit my stand goal for that hour. I usually stand for more than a minute each hour, but it doesn’t always track it. So I have to trick it. hahaha.

1 Like

Yep. Done that too. Just hang my arm out of the bed and swing it to get an early stand hour done before I get up properly hehe #cheater

Ha, I’ve had to do that from time to time, too! :joy: I have a standing desk at work but it doesn’t always detect that I’m standing since my hands are on the keyboard and not down by my side.

2 Likes

Wait lowering your wrist and shaking it back and forth counts as exercise? :thinking::joy::joy:

Mind in the gutter lol

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: y’all are too much haha

1 Like

So far, it’s going well for me. I took the 100 challenge. 100 crunches, 100 pushups, and 100 squats a day. Also I’ve been using the WorkOUt app on the AppleTV for a straight 76 days. There are days where my body is so sore that I just want to quit but I’m making myself stick to it. A big Thank You to Anker for motivating me to continue (via Eufy BodySense Smart Scale). I’ve lost 4lbs in a month. Yay!!! I have notice that doing the challenge has toned my body.

3 Likes

That’s awesome @Nhi :muscle:
That’s what I’m going to do next. Find a little fitness routine I can do in the house and tone up a bit :blush:

1 Like

I miss exercise and being able to keep fit. I miss just getting on my bike in the early hours and cycling until it’s dark again.

I tried a few years ago to follow a dvd for OAPs, 10 seconds in, I had to quit marching on the spot, as I collapsed in pain and had to take morphine to reduce the pain… FFS

Luckily my new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes is helping, as I’m now on 120kg and occasionally below (weight has always fluctuated for me). At least I’m not going over. Last few years I’ve been well over 135kg

Well done to those renewing their fitness, keep it up and dont forget to enjoy it.

Perhaps take the 100 challenge. :wink: At least with a fitness routine you can do at home, there would be less chance of you making excuses not to do it. What I’ve found to help me tremendously is to do it around the same time every day. My husband laughs at me sometimes when all of a sudden at a certain time, I drop and do pushups :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes