[New Release] Eufy Security 2K UHD Video Doorbell

Oh they go to your photos app… interesting. When I receive mine I’ll see if I can configure it to go to the files app- or ideally documents by readdle

Looks like a new firmware version is out, some improvements/tweaks to HDR/live feed/motion detection. Look for version 2.155!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that simple. When you by a product with HomeKit it has a code on it which you scan in the anime app to set it up. Not sure if it’s got a chip in it or just firmware that links them.

1 Like

You can enter the code manually though… all anker/eufy has to do is send an email or put a notification in the app with the code.

I don’t think it has a chip- but I could be wrong. Even if something does need a chip, there’s a chance eufy put one in the doorbell so it will be compatible this fall when the update happens.

Perhaps @AnkerOfficial or @AnkerTechnical can give some input on this?

Just found this article about it. It appears a chip is no longer required… all just software loL

How about including a second camera for bottom view so we can keep track of packages left outside our door as well

The current device does not capture footage from close to the door

2 Likes

But no one will be able to take packages while avoiding being in the frame anyway…

1 Like

great valid point :clap: :clap:

May not need a high end camera, may be HD cam only for the package down below

1 Like

Guess you have not met my Amazon delivery guy. He can get a package on your door step without stepping foot in the front camera frame… :smiley:
need to confirm my package is on my front porch when amazon sends me an alert that it was delivered…

2 Likes

That’s very strange… very strange indeed

I don’t know, maybe Lifehackster did get a bad doorbell. I’m super happy with mine and it is better than the Ring Pro!

2 Likes

Anyone here install the doorbell without an existing doorbell system. I want to hardwire with the doorbell transformer I purchased and was curious if I need anything else.

2 Likes

All you need is a 16-20 volt transformer and some doorbell wire (gauge 18/2 or 20/2) to run out to where you are going to mount the doorbell. That’s about it.

2 Likes

16-20v transformer?
Surely if it’s 4v tolerance then you need a regulated supply
My 14v 1a transformer that I use for my nest hello is 24v when the cam is just sitting there, drops to 16v when someone rings the doorbell
AC transformers have a big voltage difference between off load and full load

1 Like

the Eufy spec is 16-24v transformer.

1 Like

I got mine installed… how did you configure it to do this? I can’t see any way to…

Go to events/select video/download. It downloads to your iphone library. Also when live viewing you can record or take photo right from app

1 Like

But there’s no way to make it auto download? I wish there was… or if there was integration with different cloud services…

Honestly as far as storage goes, my review will be very critical- since you only get 4gb Of built in :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So I have been eyeing this up or the Nest Hello. Really trying to avoid having to pay yet another monthly fee though. How many days worth of video does the 4gb actually hold? So the Nest Hello starts out at 5 days worth of recording for $5. So I take it that it means that I could always go back at any point up to 5 days previous to that moment I am viewing the video.

How does that work with the Eufy doorbell? Can I go back 3, 5, or 7 days worth of video?

1 Like

In one day for me, it fills up 5% or less…

1 Like