[New Release] Eufy Security 2K UHD Video Doorbell

Anyone have any luck connecting to the RTSP stream from the doorbell? I’ve tried all kinds of things in VLC with no success. One curious thing is that looking at the IP address in the Device Info screen shows an address exterior to my LAN. I guess this is for looking at the videos from off my network? I’ve got Blue Iris running here. It would be neat to add the doorbell to it. Also, I wonder if there’s a chance for IFTTT integration?

2 Likes

Does the Indoor speaker supports de EU-voltage (The Netherlands) of 220 volt?

1 Like

Hmmmm, good question. In the box was only a two prong plug but that is US version. The prong is a separate piece in the box. Maybe UE version has the necessary prong you need.

1 Like

Is there anyway a EU-version of this doorbell? I have a power plug form US-sprong to EU-sprong but can the indoor speaker handle 220 Volt?

2 Likes

Honest opinions please?
Anyone used both Eufy and Ring doorbells?

Really considering getting one in the next few weeks.
What are your honest opinions on both. Which should I get?
Want quick notifications and ability to view/speak as a priority.

Don’t want to get the notifications after the person has left the door

2 Likes

Any update on EU / UK release?
@AnkerOfficial

1 Like

I have both, or better said had both. I cancelled my ring yearly access because the eufy doorbell is that good. Now, Ring Pro was fantastic in motion alerts and capturing video. Unfortunately the video was choppy as hell and once a person would press the doorbell the video would freeze up. Now the eufy doorbell sends alerts and records on time (seconds before the person hits the doorbell). Video usually lasts 20-60 seconds and it looks great and fluid. I’m happy with it. Only thing I wish it had was the ability to store recordings on NAS or eufycams homebase. @yamyam made this suggestion and it is an awesome one.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cheers @dicejedi

But aside from the NAS Eufy Homebase issue. I’m assuming you can store clips on your phone/tablet.

Are they stored on the doorbell until you transfer them via the app (similar to the dash cams) micro sd or internal storage??

1 Like

If you could do that, than you would be able to store files on your NAS. Just have them save to your NAS folder on your phone…

In addition you Should be able to upload them to a cloud, since you can make the folder/SDD/HDD automatically upload to a cloud…

I get the idea that the video is only stored on the doorbell…

This is what I am trying to establish. Do you have one?

1 Like

Not yet… it will be here in 5-7 business days lol

1 Like

Yes, all video files can be transferred to your phone via the app. Also when in the app and in “Live view” you can take a snap shot or record a video with the press of a button and they will automatically go straight to your phone.

2 Likes

Do you use iOS or Android?

Can you save the videos straight to the default file app on your phone? What about a 3rd party app? Or are the Videos just stored on your phone?

If they are in a files/documents app, you should be able to load them onto a NAS or cloud…

Thanks again @dicejedi. Just need to decide what to go for.

I’ve got a Nest Thermostat so not sure whether to get a nest one. Ideally would love HomeKit integration so just need to check out what’s best for me.
Unless there is a mega deal coming for the UK market.

1 Like

I was wondering about HomeKit… will the eufy doorbell ever be compatible? After all some eufy products will be compatible with it as per the Apple keynote

I have a feeling when it is compatible it will be a new product. Can they make an existing product compatible via software??

1 Like

I would think so, since it already has WiFi and connect to your phone. The basically just have to link the eufy app with the HomeKit app… right?

I use iOS and yes they go directly to your default pictures/videos folder. You can do whatever you want with the file once you’ve downloaded it. Don’t know about any third party app that can communicate directly with the doorbell and access the files.
I also have the Nest thermostat and Nest protect devices, I too considered the Nest doorbell but price was a factor in my decision and at $119 bucks this eufy doorbell is perfect. Now, I live in an area where it reaches 120 degrees and so far its been super hot in the 108-110 F. The doorbell has perfomed fantastic.

1 Like

In the post above you can see the difference in output from the Ring vs the eufy. I have always hated that fisheye lens!

2 Likes