New look forum

Couldn’t log in last new as site was being updated. Logged on this morning and I’m really impressed with the new look :muscle:t2:

Even got myself a couple of badges :raised_hands:t2:

17 Likes

Holy **** look at the size of the emoji’s :eyes:

6 Likes

Yes i had a long list of unread badges to attend, i checked those out first and now going through the forun and so far im loving it. So many new things that will help make this place better
Its got my :+1:

1 Like

Looks great for sure. Loving the giant emoji’s too :grinning:

1 Like

Am i really the only one who thinks the new forum update is a fail and also confusing?!
Not to talk about the MONSTER SMILEYS! :scream:

There are also some text formatting options missing now, like the parting line and the option to set a HEADING.

I do not like the new style at all. The old one was better. But thats my personal taste.
I probably will be not as much active here anymore as before to prevent eye cancer! :eyes:

And i have the feeling that the whole forum is also pretty much slower than before :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Tell us how you really feel :grin::upside_down_face:

Feels a lot quicker to me🤷‍♂️

1 Like

If you mean me … sure, i will … here we go!

At the first moment after the miserably long update, i feeled like:

Then, after i had dried myself, i thought:

And after my kids left the room, i felt and still feeling like:

They are still working and adjusting things so ease stick around. Remember Rome wasnt built in a day and with changes it may not suit everyone, but if the majority likes it it will generally win over.
As for the speed of the forum, it seems faster to me and my latency timer for page loads does show it loading faster so not sure whats slower to you. But give then time to work through some more kinks before you decide to skip out on us

The thread scrolling seems a lot smoother for definite, which is great.

:ok_hand:

1 Like

:question: But you know that the forum is only bought from https://www.discourse.org/pricing and anker has nothing to do with it and therefore have no influence on it?! So IF someone is working on it, that it is discourse, not anker. I only wonder why a company who sells and hosts thousands of their forum systems is releasing “this”. Someone should have tested the new version before releasing it on productive systems and should have noticed that the smileys are MONSTER and that some text formatting options are missing now. Havn’t checked yet how threads/posts are looking now with some old text foamrtting. Hope they look like before :wink:

Thats what i know so far. Correct me if i am wrong.

As for the speed of the forum, it seems faster to me and my latency timer for page loads does show it loading faster so not sure whats slower to you.

I just noticed that posting a post is slower, it takes several seconds to show up and also if i edit a post, the “old version” is showing up to 6-10 seconds until the edited one shows up. The old forum version it was instant.

I gues the site/forum is hosted my discourse, as they do not sell their scripts/forum for self-installation. So its probably not ankers fault.

Like @tank mentioned, they are still playing with things in the background so things will likely improve (or regress) over the next couple of days as the community is used in force and little bugbears are found and hopefully resolved :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey @ndalby :wave:

Sure, probably, hopefully … but as said, the forum sytem is just bought (3rd party) and also hosted (3rd party). So if someone is fixing, changing, working on it, it is not anker.

But maybe anker got their “own personalized” version of 2.2.4 (see below) … don’t know.
I don’t think that Discourse has released “this” version of the forum to all their customers. Then hundreds or thousand of forums would look, feel and be like “this” now :open_mouth:

As they are working at it, we will need to be patient and wait and see what the next days will bring. I am kind of optimistic and hope they fix what is “suboptimal” :grin:

2 Likes

I Am Only one who thinks old version was better?

2 Likes

I know they are hugeeee

Huge emojis are awesome :clap:

While the community is discourse based, discourse can be customized by coders and designers…these parts are likely being done by Anker’s technical/website team…

2 Likes

NO! … welcome to the club bro! :love_you_gesture:

##############################################################
##############################################################

Great chance to test the new “poll” feature @Tengiz :grin:
So here we go … let’s see if and how this works.

:white_check_mark: DO YOU LIKE THE LOOK & FEEL OF NEW FORUM VERSION?

• Yes, i like the new forum version!
  • No, i liked the old version much better!
  • Uhm, i am not sure yet…

0 voters

Oh ok … thanks for the info! :+1:
mhhh … so let’s see what they do.
But anyway … beta testing or checking the code/changing in a closed non public area before uing it on a “live-system” with trillions of customers and the public … would be … smart :wink:

Got many badges!
So what could I do with those? :joy:

4 Likes

Hi @yamyam,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we really want to build a community that could be recognized by the majority of users, especially those active users just like you!

We opened a new category called ideas & suggestions, you could create a thread to let us know your idea about the community upgrade suggestion. :blush:

Maybe we will adopt it in the next community update version.

5 Likes