Nebula Capsule II First Impressions

Guys…Look what already came in the mail!!! :astonished: I want to start this off by thanking @AnkerOfficial so incredibly much for this! I feel like “thank you” really can’t quite do my gratitude justice, so I’ll add that you all are awesome, and wonderful, and amazing, and awesome again, and thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Now, onto my first impressions with the Capsule II!

I didn’t have too much time to play with it last night after getting the kids to be, cleaning the kitchen, doing the dishes, straightening up the house, and taking care of all the laundry, but the 20 minutes or so I got to spend with it was amazing! So here’s a short blurb of my experience and first impressions so far. I’ll make a more detailed review and video in a few weeks after I’ve had some more time to really play with it and learn more about it.

This is, by far, one of the coolest gadgets! The built-in Android software takes this already amazing device and sky rockets it to a full-blown, portable entertainment center. “Hey Google, play The Iron Giant.” … “Here’s The Iron Giant playing on VUDU.” “Hey Google, show my photos of the dogs.” … “Here are you photos of the dogs.” “Hey Google, play some rock music.” … “Here’s a station for classic rock playing on Spotify.” The Google Assistant is so useful!

There are thousands of app and games to download and install! The one thing I couldn’t find was how much internal storage it had. I’m sure it says in the system menu, but I didn’t get around to looking for it last night.

I did attach it to a tripod and project it on the ceiling in the living room. I have no idea how large it made the screen, but it was HUGE and looked really good too. The colors were bright and the image was pretty sharp. Text was a little off since it was so far away, but it wasn’t bad enough to care. We’re having the neighbors over tonight for a sleepover with my kids. So I plan on hooking this up via bluetooth or AUX jack to the surround sound in the living room so the kids can have a movie night while watching something on the ceiling.

The picture obviously looks better in a dark room. In low light conditions, the picture quality does get sacrificed, especially when it’s far away. See the photos below. I had 2 accent lights on and a 60W (eufy Lumos) floor lamp on while it projected the video about 15 feet away. So, not too shabby at all considering the distance between the projector and the ceiling!

A GREAT feature this has is the auto-focus and auto size. It can detect the angle of the video and automatically adjust the picture size and skew to remove the acute and obtuse angles to give you a picture with all right angles! Most of the time, it had trouble correcting it when it was on the ceiling, but I think that’s just because it was too far for that feature to work.

The built-in speaker sounds really good. I wish it had a little more bass for when it’s being used for movies, but it’s going to be perfect for on-the-go! It’s very loud and clear.

I have a gaming controller I got awhile ago for my iPhone that didn’t work since it was meant for Android devices. I’ll be pairing that to the Capsule II this weekend to test out some games.

Size-wise, it’s small! Think of a standard 16oz. Tervis Tumbler. It’s basically the same size…maybe a little shorter and weighs around 3-4 lbs. (1.3-1.8 kgs.)

What’s in the box? It comes with some fun prints of different usage applications (4 of them to be exact), 2-AAA batteries, quick start guide, the Capsule II (obvi), a wonderful remote control, an Anker USB-C to USB-C charging cable, as well as an Anker PowerPort Speed 1 USB C charger! Anker/Nebula did not cut corners with the contents of this box. The only extra things I could possibly think of them adding to this box, or a loaded gift box version of this, would be a travel case and a tripod, which I will be getting soon.

Alright! I think that’s really all I have for now. Check out the images below and let me know if there are any questions I can answer. :smiley:

Thank you so much again, @AnkerOfficial, for this! It’s incredible and I cannot wait for all the memories my and my family are going to make with this. My 10-year-old son woke up last night while I was watching a backyard makeover show on the ceiling. His jaw dropped and he immediately grabbed a pillow and snuggled up right next to me to watch some before I took him back to bed. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I was just looking online for a carry case, but I don’t think one exists yet. @AnkerOfficial/@AnkerTechnical, do you know when a case for this is going to be available? I feel like it’s a must have accessory for one of these bad boys. :smiley:

1 Like

The official travel case was on Amazon US recently but then dropped to unavailable again…so I guess they are still playing with stock…

Review looks good, will try to give a more in-depth read when I’m not on my mobile :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks and thank you for the link! I’ll keep an eye on that and wait for it to become available. I packaged it all back up and plan on keeping it in the box for now when not in use.

Wow, well written review, this looked like complete review :blush: took me sometime to read through this write-up. Will wait on seeing Working and you’re overall experience @TheCharneco :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate that! :smiley: I’ll definitely have some videos of it in use soon.

1 Like

awesome thanks for sharing!

1 Like

great review as always @TheCharneco
Enjoy your Nebula :thumbsup:

1 Like

Glad its bringing joy to your family.

Now you can see the brightness and resolution, how do you think it complements your alternatives, like casting to flatscreen, laptop, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks! As comparing it to alternatives go, it’s hard to tell yet since I haven’t used it very much. I would say that as long as the light is low and you have a flat, almost white background to project on, I’d probably choose to cast content to the Capsule II if I have a group of people to entertain. If it’s just me and someone else, I’d stick to something like a laptop, tablet, or mobile device. If we’re talking about movie watching, if I’m home and want the best quality and sound, I’d choose the TV any day, BUT that requires us to be indoors and in the living room. It’s going to be very nice to be able to bring this outside to watch a movie under the stars.

I do think that if you’re the type of person with the desire for mobile entertainment on the go, this is a great compliment to the existing tech in the home. Especially when you take into consideration how small and portable this thing is. Did that answer your question? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very well written review! When you do get some time, please add spaces between photos :grin:

1 Like

Thanks and done! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, Glad to see that you are happy with it so far. I agree the resolutions and picture clarity is different when compared to 4K TV. But the mobility is what makes this unique and a movie under stars will be awesome experience.

1 Like

Congrats again on winning! Great first impressions thanks for sharing along with pictures

1 Like

Video looks ok from it. Not bad for a small device. I’m sure the quality is better in real life compared to photo of it.

1 Like

Great review, can’t wait to see the video. Does it have a mounting thread for tripod?

1 Like

Yes you can see it here

2 Likes

Finally got to have a full read, very good overview and pictures :thumbsup:

@TheCharneco The travel case is now back up to order on Amazon US at $39.99 , stock due in 20th May…

1 Like

Thank you, and thanks for the heads up on the case being back in stock! I added it to my cart along with the tripod. :smiley:

looks like i will be nebula user soon!
thanks for share!

2 Likes