Nebula Capsule II - Reviews/Unboxing From the Perspective of Two 9-Year-Old Girls...and Me

After many months of enjoyment and memories made by quality family time gathered around watching movies both indoors and outdoors, I have finally made a video review of my experience with this incredible, compact, and powerful machine!

If you haven’t checked out my first impressions from back in May, you can do so HERE. There are also some great product shots of the Capsule II and the box contents.

Review Update: I’m sure it may be difficult to watch the review videos due to work or being in an area where you just can’t watch, so I just summarize my experience with the Capsule II up to this point.

The Capsule II is a perfect entertainment companion for so many reasons! Let’s start with the size. This compact piece of high-end tech is tiny. It’s a decent speaker with a great resolution, quick processor, and all-in-one entertainment streaming center that literally fits in the palm of your hand (as long as it’s standing up). It a just the right amount of weight to it as well, not too light, but not overly heavy. The remote has every function you need it to have and the built-in mic on the remote for the Google Assistant makes voice control on this so easy to use! You don’t need to shout across the room to get it to hear you. Just press the Google Assistant button once and talk into the mic.

The touch controls on top of the unit are very nice to have, but I’ve honestly not even taken advantage of them. I have once just to see how they work, but that’s it. The remote is way easier and quicker. The bottom has a part that can be screwed into a tripod to add extra stability and gives you a great range of projection areas, like on the ceiling.

The Android TV software is NICEEEEEEEE! So many apps for all sorts of entertainment are right there at your fingertips. Connect a bluetooth remote control and now you have a portable gaming device. I’ve hooked up my Nintendo Switch and computer to this as well to maximize the screen and playable area.

It’s very bright with a crisp, clear picture.

The only issue I’ve had with it, and this doesn’t happen all the time, is when it comes to streaming videos from any of the apps. The video will just stop playing and it’ll error out. I have yet to pinpoint what is causing this issue and continue to update when an update is available. I sometimes have had to completely power down and restart the Capsule II. Other times, I’d have to back out of the app, disconnect from WiFi, reconnect, log back into the app, and then try again just to have it happen again 10 minutes later. Anytime this has happened, it’s basically made the projector useless.

When it’s working fine, though, it’s amazing and has become one of my favorite little devices around the house that we, as a family, actually use fairly often.

Now, onto some video reviews! I’d like to introduce you all to my daughters, Adriana and Gracie! Take it away, girls!

Impressions and Review:

Unboxing:

My review and in-action use of the Capsule II:

Learn more details here:

8 Likes

Leaving a comment here so I can find this thread again. Will edit comment with thoughts

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your review. I am at work and can’t watch the videos. I will try and watch them later today.

1 Like

@Element321 and @TechMan, I just added a little writeup about my experience with the Capsule II so far. May make it easier for people who can’t watch the videos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great review. Your girls are adorable and well spoken. I love how your dog wanted to be in the video too. :stuck_out_tongue: The Capsule does look like a lot of fun. Great job on the review. Thanks for sharing them with us. And thank you for taking the time out to do the videos, it must have taken awhile since your beard grew out :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

I love your daughters!!! They are so cute!!! Now I’m a big fan of them, I like this new type of Unboxing video!

Also, the problem you mention in the review, I will ask customer support team to give the best solution to you!

Thank you again!

1 Like

Great review! Your daughters did a great job!!

1 Like

Great review! :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Excellent job @TheCharneco by yourself & the whole family :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing your review with Nebula Capsule II.

We are glad to know that you and your girls are enjoying the projector. But we are so sorry for any inconvenience caused to you with the streaming videos issue from the apps. Per your description, may I know the specific apps which had this issue and what error information you got when it stopped playing and errored out? Please see if below troubleshooting would make any difference:

a. Test with another WiFi network
b. Uninstall and Reinstall the app
c. Reset Capsule II: settings>device preference>reset

Shall this issue continues to happen, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer support team at support@seenebula.com for further assistance. Thanks again for your support!

Anker Community Team

1 Like

Your daughters are adorable, and I loved how they helped out with it. Good job in a Great review

1 Like

Haha. Thank you all! The girls really had a blast doing this and are ready for the next one.

@AnkerSupport, thank you for that info. It was happening in all apps, YouTube, Vudu, Google Play, VH1… I’ll uninstall all, change WiFi networks, and restart the Capsule II this weekend and will try again. :slight_smile: We have stopped streaming from it for the last few months because of that issue. Instead, I’ve just been plugging the computer into the back of it and playing movies downloaded in iTunes.