Nebula Capsule 2 or Capsule Max

What are the differences between these 2 products? Trying to decide which one to get

Here is the table for you to understand it!

What that table does not show is the fact that you can charge the Capsule II (via USB-C) while playing files from a USB-A memory stick, something you cannot do with any other Capsule.
So, the addition of a USB-C power bank (Anker, of course), massively extends your run-time.

The Capsule Max is far better with 2GB RAM and 16 GB ROM and Octacore Processor.
Android TV is really limited. Just contact Nebula for beta Google Service after you get the Max so you can enjoy the full android experience.

1 Like

Hello,
A-J, i’m french, and i would like to buy a Capsule.
You write, what there is a beta gooogle service of the Capsule Max,
what are you going to get more?
I want to use it for netflix, and connect my iphone to broadcast too

thank you

You need to contact Nebula customer care for that. It’s a beta firmware which gives you google play service.

Thank you
i will be buy the Capsule Max and contact after the customer service

Hi,
I’m going to buy one or the other of these … however i cannot find an image of the connections on the Max anywhere. Is it because there is no USB C?
Let me get this 100% correct … can you or can you not charge the Capsule Max while watching? This is important to me for use at work. I certainly cant stop to recharge.
Thanks

You cannot on Max.
You need the II.
£100 off on Amazon UK deal of the day!!
[Nebula Capsule II Smart Mini Projector, by Anker, Palm-Sized 200 ANSI Lumen 720p HD Portable Projector Pocket Cinema with Wi-Fi, DLP, 8W Speaker, 100 Inch Picture, 3,600+ Apps, Movie Projector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NPJF8BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rCGhEb6TGFBAA](Nebula Capsule II Smart Mini Projector, by Anker, Palm-Sized 200 ANSI Lumen 720p HD Portable Projector Pocket Cinema with Wi-Fi, DLP, 8W Speaker, 100 Inch Picture, 3,600+ Apps, Movie Projector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NPJF8BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rCGhEb6TGFBAA)

1 Like

Is this still necessary?

I have ordered the max today.

What firmware version do you use?

Thanks for the information. How could I find out the hardware info?

I own the Capsula Max and use the GMS (Google Playstore) Beta Firmware.
And yes, I can charge and view at same time. It’s not a problem.

1 Like

Incorrect!
The max uses an external power jack that provides a higher voltage charge.This makes it a faster charge and concurrent charge ( you can watch while it charges).

Can the Max be charged off a Powercore? I have 18W 9V 2A 20000mAh.

I see USB-A for media, no mention of charging via it, and I see the 15V 3A barrel type.

Did you spot this?

Seems a way to get Max to charge from an Anker Powercore?

Hello
have you find a solution for use a powerbank for a Capsule Max ?

thank you

I owned the Max for less than a day, returned it.

I didn’t try 15V with the Max but the 5V to 15V cable looked a good likely candidate, compare barrel size to be sure.

Hello,

I’m also having doubts between these two. The 2 has my preference, because of the usb C port. I have several chargers and I find it easier to not have a single charger for only 1 product.

So I have these questions:

• Is the image and soundquality the same? (the specs both equal)
  • Can the 2 be charged by ANY usb charger? A simple 2.4A 5V one to?

For me it is not to important to watch and charge at the same time. But it would be a plus if is possible. But as mentioned above, I don’t like a special charger that can be used with a single product. I will mostly use the projector for projection on a ceiling.

Hey, really interested in buying one of these for my first apartment. Can the max and 2 stream NFL or NHL games when connected my Macbook Air?

Hi there,

Both Capsule Max and Capsule II support airplay (Capsule II needs to install Nebula Manager app first), so theoretically, it will be also to stream. But copyrighted content won’t be able to work.

We will see if we can help you install the apps on the Nebula to watch directly if you have any issues. Thank you!

Anker Support Team