My review of Ankers magnetic car mount

Here we have Ankers magnetic car mount

as always you get the lovely white and blue box and the standard happy/unhappy card and instructions. This particular mount is magnetic so there is a base, which is a stand of sort to hold the magnetic Ball, a top peice that can be moved around anywhere on the ball to suite the best angle for you, there us also 2 magnetic plates that you can either insert between your phone and case or use peel off the tape and mount it to your phone/case…one for you and one for your significant other, or save it as a spare

One thing you will find when unboxing it, is just how heavy the magnetic Ball and base is, even the top piece and metal plates. This screams high quality and there is a reason for it. When installed you don’t want your phone falling off when going over bumps, but with this mount you will not have that. Here you can see just how much each piece weighs in ounces…

As you can see this is a very durable and robust magnetic mount that when installed will possibly be your last mount ever needed…this however is my second mount as I have one in my car and this is going in my wifes.

I will say the included 3m tape that’s attached to the base sticks very well to textured surfaces and I have not had any issues with it on the dash of my Saab 9-5. I have the magnetic plate attached between my phone and the case and even still the magnetic mount holds strong. I have tried with a much thicker plastic case and it held but I never got to test long term as that case was too bulky for me. But for those who like slim cases or even otterboxes, this will work when placed between the outter plastic shell and the rubber part of the case.

All in all I am very happy with this and would recommend it to others. One last thing, I have not had any issues with the magnet being so strong and issues with wifi/bluetooth/ or even GPS. So rest assured this is top notch

10 Likes

Thanks for the review.

I’m glad they improved the quality and stability of the mound because I had a downright awful experience with this one. It could not even come close to holding my LG G3.

1 Like

Learned my lesson with those kind of mounts long ago. Anker branded or not they a fail to hold large phones. I have gone through numerous mounts, from cd slot mou ts to dash mpunts and suction mounts, but Only 2 have worked well for me. This one and a cheap mount that had a square backing plate that slid into the holder…that one broke when I changed cases and never had another one work good until now.

But it WAS ANKER! And therefore I was refunded the full amount. Surprised they haven’t pulled it from Amazon yet.

1 Like

Sorry you had issues. But Anker made it right for you so that’s always a plus. Not sure why any of those are even on the market still, but probably because some people swear by it

1 Like

I use this mount in my truck and my Galaxy S8 has not fallen off yet and the case that I use has a bit of texture to it as well. I have the plate between my case and phone. I have hit some pretty rough roads as it is winter here now and so far so good. I had two others before the Anker one and they didn’t hold my S8

1 Like

@elmo41683 Very thorough review!

@joshuad11 @bobbleheaderman Thank you for the feedback. It is your feedback and suggestions that help us get things right and make better products. :grin:

1 Like

Great Review @elmo41683

I got the older version with the sticky suction cup on it. The sticky has wor off a bit so I use it on my desk. As it’s dmoother it still sticks to it ok and I’ve got the vent magnetic mount in my car now.

That too is great because I can just grab it from the dash if I’m using another car for a bit.

1 Like

Great review and I like the inclusion of the pics with scales. Do you have a pic of it in car or are you gifting it?

1 Like

This one is going in my wifes car, not sure where she wants it at yet. I have one in my car…but my car is a heaping mess because it’s so cold out I haven’t cleaned it yet

Great review. I have a mount that goes on the air vent and hate it. It makes my phone cold :stuck_out_tongue: And of course, it can’t be mounted anywhere else. The Anker Magnetic Car Mount looks like a much better solution.

1 Like

Excellent review @elmo41683 , I keep meaning to pickup the new dash mount as the previous gen model did have a tendency to mark the dash of my Focus (due to the soft vinyl)

1 Like

Great review :wink:

Nice review, @elmo41683!

This is actually a benefit in the summer, as my phone would get very hot when using it for navigation while the sun is beating down on it. :joy:

2 Likes

Great review. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Great review. Personally, I’m waiting for the PowerWave device that was announced at CES. Having this magnetic functionality with wireless charging will be really nice!

1 Like

great review I still have the vent mount since I just can’t stand mounting it on the dash.

1 Like

You could always just stick it to the dash, facing you instead of on top.

Wireless charging is pointless to me as I can get a faster charge plugging my phone in and driving 20 minutes into town. Where as if it was wireless I wouldn’t even get quarter of that same charge

2 Likes

I love the vent one coz I can take it to a different car :grinning: I just close the vent it’s attached too :thumbsup: