My review of Ankers magnetic car mount

That is a fair position. From my position, I hate plugging in my device, I have wireless chargers everywhere but in the car currently. Picking it up and putting it down in one motion is important to me. I’m in and out of my car alot, so the ease and convenience is important to me. To each his own though. :wink:

Great review. I’ve been thinking about getting one. I just didn’t want to attchach the magnet the metal plate to my phone.

Mine sits in my case because I didn’t want to stick it on anything and it’s never fallen off the mount :ok_hand:

1 Like

Like @Oggyboy mentioned I too have the plate between my phone and case and it works great. I would definitely recommend getting one as you will not be disappointed

1 Like

nice packaging per usual

I wonder if the magnet would hold the phone with the plate stuck to the inside of the case and maybe a small peice of tape to cover the plate so the metal plate doesn’t rub and scratch the phone.

Lol just saw your posts @Oggyboy @elmo41683 I guess I should finish reading before I comment.

1 Like

Looks great, thank you for the review. I am always afraid these types of car mounts would not support my phone. Does it work well with the big iPhone 8+?

1 Like

I had my moto x pure in an aluminum case and it held well, I didn’t get to test long term but it definitely held the two days I had the case on my phone …that thing weighed almost a pound and a half

Yes. I’ve had a magnetic mount for a while now and I’ve got an iPhone 7 Plus. No issues T all. Never fallen off :ok_hand:

Great review @elmo41683 nice and detailed, good pics too :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Brian!!

Thank you for this great and long review. Seems to be an interesting product.

1 Like

I remember someone asking where it was mounted in my dash or how it looked. For some reason I remembered now…Anyway here’s a pic of it mounted on the dash, it’s mounted kind of near the edge so I can have the phone docked in either orientation be ir vertical or horizontal

Very nice review! I have this too but it doesn’t stick to my car’s dashboard for some reason due to the felt like material perhaps…

Every dash is different, I cleaned mine with alcohol beforehand. But I didn’t have any felt on my bottom, just the sticker to atach it to the dash

Now that I moved to where its hotter, I’m going to have to find a different mount. I was driving and it was about 90 out when my phone fell along with the mount. The sticky tape couldnt hold up to the heat and ripped off the dash with the weight of my phone.

I know I endured hot weather before with no issues, but continuous heat on the mount caused it to fail. I learned quickly you can’t use suction cup mounts because they melt and fail, I can’t use a vent mount due to the design of my vents so I dunno what I will do for phone mount now…unless anyone has any suggestions I am open to them

2 Likes

Its a nice mount and looks great but within 3 months the weight of the phone and the sun caused the sticker to weaken and start sagging the phone on the mount to the point it became useless and had to remove it from the dash. Anker or not these mounts don’t last, a new one I got with a vent mount has been going strong.

You could always use J-B Weld but that is a very permanent solution. A less permanent solution would be modifying the mount with a neodymium magnet and another neodymium magnet behind the dash. It would take some skill with a dremel and you would have to get behind the dash to place the second neodymium magnet but it’s doable.

I’m good now, I’m cha ging to the wireless mount next paycheck so I dont have to worry about cables anymore or this mount failing

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect this thread but it wasn’t immediately clear if it addresses two questions I had for it. Any owner experiences of the dashboard magnetic mount would be immensely appreciated.

Does the magnetic strip at the back of the phone interfere with…

1. NFC payments
  2. Wireless charging

Specifically I am using a Samung Note 9 but I suspect the wireless charging and NFC components are probably the same as in a Samsung S8/S9.

With thanks.