Level Up Party!

Don’t do that. It is an open forum and identify theft can really mess with you.

1 Like

I did say it several times :grin::rofl:

There are 1002 posts on here, I’m bound to miss a few! 1003 with mine!

2 Likes

I swear I’m losing points :man_shrugging:t2:

Last time I levelled up was 2018 :joy::joy:

Will be going from Top 10 2018 to bottom 10 2019 :tongue:

1 Like

Me too, last year was easily in the top ten, but I fear this year, I won’t even be close.

1 Like

And that’s okay!

As the Community grows, hopefully we’ll continue to add higher and higher achieving members!

2 Likes

Totally agree.

Always good having fresh blood to bring in new ideas/suggestions

2 Likes

number of posts should not be construed as high achiever. That way a professional scammer will always be the best.
Quality of posts, educating other’s about technology, answering questions about products, bringing interesting news to the community are quality of great contributor.

5 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

Since the experience points / Powerbucks are based on quantity ( posts and replies whether they make sense or not) the quality is bound to suffer, unless there is a way to measure quality.

1 Like

Correct, and one way to reduce spamming is give points based on likes rather than number of posts.
Well I’m not the expert but letting the peers decide if a post deserves to get points or not is better than just give points based on making ton of useless posts.
In my area of work, we publish our work. That work is peer reviewed and unless peers see the quality, it is rejected.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree on this, Anker may need to review the point system… Sometime in future though. For now, they are looking for expansion of user base so quality based ranking may not happen.

1 Like

I agree that they are looking for expansion and I bet we getting a bunch of new users, but I only see a handful of people staying. I bet most of the new people just signed up for the lastest giveaway. Not that it’s bad, but I don’t see much of a point to have 50,000 people when only 30 or so
people are active.

I think quality it’s better than quantity. Us regulars are that quality :sunglasses:

1 Like

Posts are easy. Reply and ctrl-v.
Likes are easy, click click click
New Threads are easy.

What is hard is valued content.

I am not sure you can filter for that.

2 Likes

This is a great idea in theory, but everyone knows that some members are more popular, and will get more likes regardless of content.

@k_pug2003 @MacBlank @joshuad11 What is “the top ten”?

This…

It was recommended during the last points restructure to keep points low (and capped daily) for new topics and replies, with higher points if the post was pinned (obviously not the 200 it was prior), as if a post is pinned, it is often due to valued content…but no dice…

Dropping points for likes was also floated, to prevent the liking culture with benefits…

3 Likes

If such a high quality is needed I am sure I will not satisfy.

At the end of last year, like previous the year(s?)the “top 10” were given a gift from anker for their contributions to the forum.

1 Like

Depends on the context…but most of the time it is the top 10 most active contributors to the community…

Depends how those “top ten” are selected.
Different possibilities of selection can be done.

Sorted by “recieved”, “given”, “topics”, replies" …

1 Like