Level Up Party!

We weren’t privy to how it was finally decided.

Thankfully that was @AnkerOfficial decision.

1 Like

And that is good.
I can imagine how many here would like to get into by hook or by crook! :grin:

I remember that from last year :slight_smile:
I was the lowest ranked member in the list

@Ice1 I have to update this due to 500 error

If I’m getting this right, this is the list from last year.

2 Likes

How do you know if they only publish (?) top 10? Does Anker publish a complete list of members in order of their contribution?
Do they even publish? I doubt.
So, how would you know your position compared to others?

I totally disagree on likes as a measure.

It’s favouritism.

I’ve posted n said many things, that others go on to repeat, and while they get the likes, I get nothing despite having said it first… And by hours sometimes.

I refuse to create a fuss at the time … I said that first … Stopped saying that when me balls dropped!

So, no I don’t think likes show quality.

The only way to measure quality, is for Anker to employ a.FULL TIME forum person/admin.

@AnkerOfficial/@AnkerTechnical do an ok job, but they miss lots due to not being on all the time… Don’t tell me, you haven’t multiple messaged them to get a reply.

Don’t get me wrong, @ndalby @TechnicallyWell do an excellr job, but they have jobs too.

2 Likes

Guess this phenomenon is already happening with some variation :rofl:

It is tough to keep the names unique… Saw some posts and got confused for a bit

@TechMan @Tech_Man

1 Like

Yep I agree with your point. If you have a group of 20-25 people you can always get 20-25 likes for everything you post (don’t matter what).
Well looks like for now the quantity wins…

I didn’t realize that when I chose this name :joy:

With more members expected to join, though to hold on to unique names :smile:

1 Like

What would happen if I would call me “No-tech-man”? :joy:

4 Likes

Nah, you’d be lo-techman hahaha

2 Likes

:slight_smile: well you can try, nothings gonna change, names are pointers to address you, not who you are :innocent:

You forgot an “o” Mac :joy:

2 Likes

I still remember when gmail was first launched in 2004, it was invitation only. Once in, you could invite 1 or 3 more people (like a pyramid).
I paid $8 for an early invite on ebay and then recouped my cost selling those invitations on ebay :joy: “and some profits”. I did send some invite to myself and got more invites to use.
I gave away some to my very close friends and family members.

Good thing is I got my name without any numbers and still holding on to it.

There were multiple forums out there when Gmail had launched, offering Gmail invites for free as well,

I got my invite on April 7th, 2004 from one of the early users for free :slight_smile: Sent invites to lot of my friends, should have chosen a unique name then… ended up choosing the longest name email :frowning:

At start of calendar year there was 1 user who was not sure the measure of top 10 and was lobbying it be measured in a way which got them in the list. The soundcore giftbox was sent out.

A lad at work left his email open on the communal PC’s. So me being me, had a look around, considered signing them up for some crap n spam, but chose to send myself an invite instead! lol

I emailed him, telling him he could have come off a lot worse! My email was the same name as I had on AOL (back when you paid per minute for internet, and as AOL was a free phone number, I thought sod it!).

So (in theory) I’ve had my email address for well over 20years.

Back in the day, it was googlemail.com too. I remember getting pissed off it was so long, but then again, most non USA email addresses, had .com/UK on the end of lots of them, or name@whatever-uk.com, so wasn’t that bad.

wheres anjou?? :joy: :joy:

I’m Anjou1888… I changed my name :grin:

1 Like

But if someone else wants the same name, will they not get it?

1 Like