Is the active communty getting smaller?

:pray:ā€¦ yes! ā€˜Weā€™ should never forget about different cultures!

1 Like

Thats really difficult.
When I was working at the TUM (Technische UniversiƤt MĆ¼nchen)
we got in touch with people from all over the world.
Was interesting and great.

I was one who had to care about the first Chinese student came to our institute.
We had such great fun together.

Explaining each other the different behaviors of Chinese and Germans.
It was in 1990. There were only a few Chinese students in Germany.
It was not easy for him to understand the German culture
and quite impossible to understand our type of humor.
But we made it.
Big friends still nowadays.

3 Likes

Do Germans have a sense of humour?

:thinking:

3 Likes

Dont forget I am 1/2 Austrian! :joy:

1 Like

@Chiquinho was a professorā€¦ then i wonder what is @professor ? Dont mind this silly question!:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Reminds me of a quote from a movie ā€œitā€™s a German joke it doesnā€™t have to be funnyā€

3 Likes

Ask our @professor.
I am @Chiquinho ! :rofl:

Thatā€™s great! I love that!
But same as in the USA, there is a big difference between Germans from the North (Prussians, we call here in the South( and those from the real South (Bavarians)
I am 1/2 Bavarian and 1/2 Austrian!
And there is big difference of behavior and humor between North and South though Germany is a small country. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™ve gotten smaller during this pandemic :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

I was never all that active, but lately I have been less active. I definitely do not have all the answers to the posted questions, but the ones I do know the answer to much smarter and faster members have already provided excellent advice to the community. I still try to logon to the forums a few times a week and brows the posts.

1 Like

Sometimes I come to the community and see nothing but support questions, kinda takes the fun away lol

6 Likes

I have been away for a few months because Iā€™ve been very busy. A couple of new jobs and projects have sucked down my attention. Things are evening out now, and Iā€™m glad to see the old hats are still here :smiley:

5 Likes

Do you know what - this thread has made me feel a real sense of community evey though Iā€™ve never been a proper regular - but I recognise all the names here and to be honest feel the same as many above. Less interesting threads to join in - more techy issues that I have no valueable input.

Plus I genuinely have less time to read and catch up whatā€™s going on, if I pop by itā€™s just a quick glance at top couple of threads but I will say my Soundcore Flare keeps me entertained everyday whether itā€™s podcasts or music and my Eufy is my best friend with the housework. So Iā€™m always recommending to friends & family as they are intrigued by my gadgets!

Will forever love Anker from now onā€¦ Canā€™t believe I spent Ā£100 on a ā€œalternative brandā€ pink speaker a few years back that now sits redundant whilst my Soundcore gang now do the job in itā€™s place!

8 Likes

Heyyyyyy you have been missed for sure hope life is treating you well and that everything is good

Things are great! Good to see you again :slight_smile:

I think we need another one of those mystery post number giveaways. That always gets people fired up. :grin:

3 Likes

Heā€™s a professor of professors. A meta-professor :laughing:

4 Likes

Same especially when I donā€™t own those products lol

Itā€™s a good point you mentioned there Fiona about familiar faces in this thread.
Makes me think an WhatsApp group could replace this forum for some!

3 Likes

I donā€™t see many folks going for a WhatsApp group but count me in if you ever make one :+1:

1 Like

Nice threadā€¦ learnt lot of new things in last 1 year, got going more outdoors, daily walks, more time with family, no amusement parks / arcades, spending more time on certification and office work is ever increasingā€¦

Whatever time is left - I spend on stocks and crypto (crypto is very interesting and great ROIā€¦ been lucky so far)ā€¦ i do check Anker community and Soundcore regularly may be 5-10 min

3 Likes