Indestructible Headphones? What Electronic Mishaps Have You Had?

Cool Pictures :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dang, @MacBlank, you must be immune to electricity by now!

1 Like

I should be! Hahahaha

Man @ktkundy and @TheCharneco you both got super lucky lol.

Iā€™ve had oops moment twice.
Once when I had my Apple Earbuds in my hoodie which I was gonna wash. I didnā€™t realize they were in the hoodie since I have hoodie pockets empty and the earbuds went through a full cycle in washer and dryer. I realized I was missing them AFTER the dryer cycle was done and was gonna watch a video :joy:.

The second time as when I didnā€™t realize I had my flash drive in my pantsā€™ pocket and they went through the same full cycle in washer and dryer. Glad the earbuds and flash drive survived.

My mom had an oops moment once when she decided to put my pants in washer without letting me know. She missed the same flash drive in the pocket (I donā€™t know how). This time though, the flash drive broke in dryer (Rest in Pieces). Good thing I never have anything in the flash drive that I donā€™t on my laptop

1 Like

Damn I was shocked once when I was kid and apparently kinda dumb because I put a pen straight in the plug. Was shocked a little and dropped the pen and just felt that pain in my hand. Good thing nothing happened :joy:

Mac is a power bank now! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Dont joke!

All the time now I get static shocks from stuff, and sometimes you can hear the crack and they bloody hurt.

@MacBlank I got one better

When doing electrical work I went to install a switch, I shut the breakers off and proceeded to wire up the switchā€¦ I should have double checked for no power with my meter but didnā€™t. My finger slips across the neutral and hot and BAM I was stuck for a good 10 to 15 seconds before I somehow managed to break the connection.
After it happened I realized a few things:

1. My pliars flew out of my hand like a rocket

2. My finger was blown open and part of it instantly cauterized

3. Iā€™m freaking lucky to be alive

4. I shut the building down

An 1/8th of an amp can kill a person and here I had over 400 amps go through me in one hand across my heart and out the other hand. I blew the 400 amp main, shutting the whole building down. I didnā€™t go to the hospital right away, but it took like 3 days before by body reacted to that and started shutting down. I spent the next week in the hospital and after that I became super cautious about electricity.

2 Likes

Always call a professional. If you are going to have expose wires try to tape at least one with electrical tape. They sale the test pens that will make a lot easier to check if the wires are hot. And never cut 2 wires at the same time if you havenā€™t test them.

3 Likes

Check it if there is voltage!
There are tools to do so.

You might know many such electrical shocks may lead to heart problems at last.

Indeed : NEVER cut 2 wires at the same time.
NEVER!

Boa, You were so lucky
You should thank Our Lord daily still being alive!

Iā€™m sorry but that was my job, I was an electrician and yes I should have known better to test before working. I donā€™t know what was up with me that day so I canā€™t say much else cause itā€™s my own faultā€¦ Well really itā€™s the kid who wired the wall to the house panel instead of our panel that we were putting in

Yeah, thatā€™s what axes are for! A good quick chop, and 2 wires cut the same time :wink:

Iā€™m joking of course (not really!)

Wear protective equipment and turn off at the mains, or remove from the mains. Watch out for transformers, those things keep hold of juice (found that out a few times).

1 Like

ā€œThe first cut is the deepest.ā€
You got more than luck!

1 Like

Kind of sounds like a super hero story not gonna lie so what powers did you get from this

1 Like

you guys are all some really lucky people share some of that luck this way please

Luck is what you feel and what you got inside.
The most important thing is,
you are in peace with yourself and you are able to transfer it to all the ones around you.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty deep man

1 Like

Curly chest hair

I got high blood pressure and permanent scar tissue in my finger. Aside from that Iā€™m really really strong

2 Likes