Huawei has lost access to Android OS Platform and Google services

Well see that really depends on what carrier you have, if you have the phone through Verizon you can delete it.

But for all other phones, install ADB on your computer, install all files and drivers for your phone on you computer. Enable developers mode, enable USB debugging, then run ADB
With these commands
Adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook.services

pm uninstall --user 0 com.facefbook.katana

pm uninstall --user 0 com.facebook system

pm uninstall --,user 0 com.facebook.appmanager

3 Likes

This is very useful information, have not read earlier about being able to uninstall apps. can this be done to remove Stock apps from Samsung as well?

Actually, some people still couldnā€™t delete Facebook on version phonesā€¦

I shouldnā€™t have to do such rediculous stuff just to delete Facebook :roll_eyes:. Not that I can be too mad. I have to jailbreak my iPhone just to get customizationā€¦

Letā€™s be honest. There is no perfect phone yet.

Munich administration did.
But as they were not able to get some real computer engineers to fix the problems (GOVERNMENT!!!) , the whole was not doing as well.
AND they got a VERY INTERESTING OFFER by MS to come back in the arms of that ā€¦ company.

Try to install a LINUX system beside your WIN.
It will NOT touch your WIN and can be used by boot option.

1 Like

You gave a perfect recipe.
I would connect such a phone to a LINUX computer and find out where those files are stored and delete those.
But I am quite sure these will show up again after an update.
Thatā€™s software enslavement.

1 Like

There are some stock apps on Apple iPhone, i really wish i could remove thoseā€¦ but we cannotā€¦ so its the same in Apple world as well :grin:

MAC-OS is an UNIX OS derivated.
I would connect this at a LINUX computer and do research.
Try and error plug an pray.
A reinstall is always possible if failing or not?
But I am sure after a update all your successfull surgeries will have been replaced.

Thatā€™s a real UPDATE! :grimacing:

I even could use my old Ipod via LINUX.
Weird, but with some tricks it worked.
Computer science is not magic as you know.

1 Like

i thought the US government changed their mind

1 Like

Which ones can you not remove? You can remove almost every app

1 Like

These are the apps ā€“ Safari, Health, Find iPhone, Appstore (really would love to remove this Appstore, restrict my kids from installing new software ā€¦ i know the screentime thing, but want to avoid updates and installs all together)

You donā€™t want to removeā€¦ Find my phone

Thatā€™s what ya need on your phone, to find it/lock it/cleanse it/send an alarm etc should.you lose your phone.

2 Likes

Course you canā€¦ File manager, android, data, FB filesā€¦ Select main folderā€¦ SELECT DELETE.

problem solved.

1 Like

:slight_smile: been very lucky, have never lost a single iPhone (or any phone) so far, but I will take note and keep the ā€˜Find my Phoneā€™ when Apple enables to remove ( ??? may be never) these apps

im still using a htc one m8. thankfully i havent change i was considering one of these phones as i like the styling.

1 Like

Have not read or seen anything for change of mindā€¦

But it may happen. We know ZTE was banned and then the ban was removed about 3-4 months later. Huawei may be wishing for same abd may be working hard to get this thing resolved

Edit: just saw the news about 90 day relief

I am feeling good the way you guys are up-learning on the whole topic. It is far more complex than 1st impressions.

If we all were richer by making use of de-bloating the bundled apps so our phones run better, or you made a current phone last longer while you wait, or you get into Linux, youā€™ll gain something.

1 Like

I E removed a few bad apps on Android by ā€œrippingā€ them out, but deleting the folder under file manager,ā€¦ I know not the best way, but when you canā€™t remove, and only uninstal updates, you have to get rid of the tentacles! lol

I would never root, as I havenā€™t a clue what Iā€™d be doing.

1 Like

Rooting involves an unlocked bootloader, not all phones can be, and then booting a custom recovery then it installs a root, if you can get past the bootloader then the recovery + root is likely to work.

The problem with these is you end up with a bit of a risk of ā€œbrickingā€, and you (now) probably lose phone being able to do certain financial transactions (e.g. Google Pay). So itā€™s more related how important is your phone, do you have other devices.

I think rooting of a (primary) phone is probably not a good idea as you break financial applications, but rooting of (secondary, e.g) a tablet - a bigger screen for media - is probably not going to have a downside, and having Linux on laptops has no downside I know of other than a few app support.

So for people:

• only have a phone - just donā€™t root it, and make your decision on your best phone
  • phone + tablet - root the tablet, you can then do some clever ad-block type on the tablet
  • phone + laptop - make the laptop a Chromebook or just put Linux on it, the choice is more one of battery life.

I have phone + tablet + laptop. My Huawei is the tablet. So I am not remotely worried what USA does, if they go bad I will just go to my alternatives and make, probably, a better tablet as I cut the bloatware and custom skin.

My phone, though, is OnePlus, if it gets into an escalation war, itā€™s what I use to drive Google Pay. But ā€¦ guess what! Then I just carry a bit of plastic instead! No big loss. The loss would be Googleā€™s more than mine. Google loses. A USA company.

So you see the issue, USA hurts itself if it hurts others.

1 Like

Thanks, once again I find 1.75x speed gets the same value information in less time. I tried 2x didnā€™t work so well.

This is why I like text, I can read about 5x faster than people can speak.

Typed on a Chromebook. I may look at this later on a Huawei tablet, or a OnePlus phone.

This one is best played 1.5x, this guy is speaking less slowly.

1 Like