Huawei has lost access to Android OS Platform and Google services

Well huawei did issue a statement saying it’s phones WILL receive security updates. Looks like play store will be gone along with other google apps

2 Likes

Yep and pointed out by others this will result in a loop with consumers being hurt as governments try to attack companies

1 Like

I am probably a little bitter, but good. Huawei customer service is awful. I bought the Nexus 6P and I got the kernal boot loop after about 9 months of use. They did nothing for me. Google blamed them, they blamed Google (but, Google at least attempted to help me and hooked me up in the end). The spying accusations I have read are worrisome and hopefully their bottom line takes a mega hit.

Someone’s loss is someone else’s gain. users of Huawei will slowly / gradually move to Apple, Samsung or Google.

The company is definitely gonna take a hit and to a certain degree, their customers are gonna take a hit as well

Easy : Changing to LINUX.
Bye, bye MS… :grin:

2 Likes

This is a big problem for Huawei users !!!

Watch it 1.75x speed if your English is good.

I watched it on a Huawei tablet :unamused:

1 Like

For sure these wars will hurt everyone, but the geeks will be less impacted as we have the skills to work around challenges.

I already erase Windows and use Linux on laptops.

I already on older devices when the manufacturer ceases supports, upgrades, move to open source Android and gapps, and get modern and fast experience.

In part these skills evolved to make older hardware keep current software after the vendor moved their attention.

We also have VPNs to work around location issues, adblock browsers and custom apps which block ads, so geeks are much harder to have any decisions imposed on them.

Obviously we all also want to stop security backdoors but surely open source is the answer. Anyone can see the source and see if any backdoors. So if anything good does come out if this, it is to move to open source.

3 Likes

Very interesting topic. This trade war is no good for anyone.

Lol, I was considering a Huawei phone for my next. Goodbye hopes and dreams :joy:

I now see why you mentioned 1.75 speed… it’s a pretty long 44min video :worried: :confounded:

Huawei without Google services Integrated is not that a big deal if they can have thier own OS… Apple does it so can Huawei but it is like comparing :apple: to :tangerine:

gulp. I just found out the Samsung galaxy s10 comes with Facebook preinstalled, and you can’t delete it!! I’m not getting a Samsung til they stop that idiocy.

Learn to use a phone, and yes you can still disable Facebook

1 Like

The whole MS OS is getting more and more worse.
32GB minimum for WIN10? WHAT for?

This can not be installed on elder devices.
SO : Bye, bye WINDOOFS!

Sometimes “technical” devices are not easy to handle,
even by experts! :joy:

not any more trump has decided that not a good idea and seriously all of this just so america can be better?!?!?!??!?

You can disable it, but you can’t delete the virus off your phone :roll_eyes:

Uiui!

It’s not only that… hardware upgrade + license costs + Antivirus + … the list goes on for Windows

No wonder some Governments are shifting to Linux… Just now read about South Korea moving to Linux as an effort to prepare for Windows 7’s End of Life early next year, this will be a total switch.

(PS - I am myself a Windows 10 user and love it… but really hate about the additional Hardware requirements and upgrade cycles… )

1 Like