Eufycam E vs the Eufycam:

This is from Eufy Kickstarter comments in the latest update
In terms of the Eufycam E vs the Eufycam:

The main difference between the two is the IP rating and the look of the cam. The eufycam E has IP65, and the eufycam has IP67.

They BOTH have the facial recognition technology, it just depends on which homebase you have them connected to. There will be a Homebase E that comes out in the future which will not contain facial recognition or a backup battery, and will be cheaper because of this. For the home bases that come with the Eufycam, the same ones you purchased backed here on Kickstarter, you will get all the same features as the normal eufycam with the eufycam E.

Hopefully this clears up some of the questions you all had regarding the difference.

• The eufy team ( :
3 Likes

The difference between IP65 and IP67. … This means that the electronic pressure switch PSD-30 meets the ingress protection IP65, i.e., it is dust-proof and protected against splash water. It also meets the ingress protection IP67, i.e., it is additionally also protected against temporary immersion in water.

Good that you have clarified it! Anything to add @AnkerOfficial?

This actually adds to the confusion. The homebase CURRENTLY shipping with the e-cam does NOT support AI and does NOT have a backup battery (or even a provision to add one) we are not talking about a future model but what is shipping today. Having just received and installed mine this afternoon, the removal of these features was a big, surprising disappointment. The message here led me to believe the only diff was the waterproofing certification.

1 Like

Too late to help you now, but that message from eufy in the original post came out before the Eufycam E was released, hence the “future” Homebase E they describe. Basically, the Eufycam E system does NOT support facial recognition. Eufycam E cameras attached to a Eufycam HomeBase get facial recognition “for free” because that feature comes from the HomeBase, not the cameras.

Clear?

Ingress protection (IP) ratings are one of the most effective and
commonly used standards to convey ruggedness against dirt and water.

IP65 is jets
IP67 is immersion

1 Like

The new eufycam E system (homebase & 2 eufycame E’s) will not have battery backup and AI features.
The original eufycam that was launched during kickstarter project has both these features built in.
If you connect a add-on eufycam E to the original eufycam homebase, you will get AI features as the AI is built into the homebase not the camera.

I see the whole idea of coming up with eufycam E is low cost system for those who think paying extra for battery backup and AI is not useful.
Correct @AnkerOfficial?

Clear now. However, I thought it important to post here as this link is on the Amazon Q&A and was likely confusing others as to what they are / are not getting.

1 Like

Amazon link to eufycam E says AI not supported in the Title.

Yes, but that only means if you buy this bundle (including the “Homebase E”). If you use eufycam E with the regular homebase (like we kickstarters got or you can buy retail), you will have AI. So let’s say you are a backer and sometime later buy an eufycam E as additional cam, then it will have AI, same as the regular eufycams.

It only depends on the HOMEBASE you use.

1 Like

Was there any info released about AI being introduced in the future to the Homebase E? Or is there no possibility at all to have it if I buy the E bundle?

I saw on Amazon a review mentioned it would be introduced in future, so wanted to check how true it was!

1 Like

There was no info about AI being added to the eufycam E bundle, at least to my knowledge.

That’s a shame, it’s the one feature I was really looking for. I’ve tried asking when the original Eufycam will be available in the UK to purchase but had no luck finding anything either!

As there is no retail selling in the UK of the original eufycam and eufycam hombase, as far as i know, you still could buy them directly from eufy! Here you go:

Edit: ooops, just seen eufy sells only the (ugly) eufcam E bundles and addon-cams on their website, the original (good looking and AI featured) eufy cam and hombase through walmart only! And i doubt they will ship to UK.

Don’t you have friends or family in Australia, Holland or Germany? There they could buy it retail for you and send it to the UK:

Australia: JB Hi-Fi
Holland: Coolblue
Germany: Bauhaus/Mediamarkt/Saturn

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical see the fan base for your original eufycam !
Hope you are not planning to drop the AI version completely :eyes:

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I don’t know anyone in those countries who can post it to me, I was hoping it would be available here soon. Someone on eBay was selling their unopened system which they didn’t require, but I didn’t go for it as I was informed by Anker it wouldn’t be covered by warranty if here is a fault. I didn’t think it was worth the risk!

2 Likes

No problem @thedude88

If you maybe know me from kickstarter or here and would trust me, i could offer you to buy some for you and send it to the UK to your adress. You could send me the money by paypal with additional costs of shipping/postage and i buy and send it.

This would be the costs to choose from:

Regular Homebase + 2 regular eufy cams = 489 € + 5 € shipping + 13,99 € EU-shipping
Regular Homebase + 1 regular eufy cam = 245 € + 5 € shipping + 13,99 € EU-shipping
Regular eufy cam = 195,99 € + 5 € shipping + 13,99 € EU-shipping

But hurry, Brexit is coming! (or not!) :laughing: Sorry, but I had to do/say that. :smiling_imp:
And as you can see hereinafter, the shipping to the UK will raise then from
13,99 € (Europe) to
29,99 € (Europe without EU) !

But you would still have the problem then with the warranty and you would need to trust me and wait about 1-2 weeks until you get it. If i order it online in germany, it needs 2-4 days, then i need to go to DHL and send it to you, probably another week until it is in UK then.

Maybe i could try to buy it in germany at MediaMarkt (see screenshot above) and they will send it directly to your adress in the UK, but this i would need to check first.

yamyam

Thanks for the nice offer @yamyam! I’ll send you a message if I want to go ahead with this, it’s a shame Anker are making it so difficult to buy their products :wink:

3 Likes

You are welcome @thedude88
As payment in return you will vote
REMAIN at the next brexit vote, ok? :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy:

If it means an eufycam of course! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: