Eufycam E vs the Eufycam:

so, does anyone have both, and would you recommend the original one over the “e”?
I bought the e, and its been pretty flaky so far; often have to reboot the app to get the cams to show up, and, the battery back up on the base would be a nice feature…

thanks

I own original eufycams, as far as the recommendation, you need to choose what you need. AI and Homebase battery backup comes with original version at an additional price.
Other than the shape and above features, technically they should be exactly similar, in my opinion.

how does the AI work? Are you happy with it, or is it just a “gimmick”

thanks

It’s still kind of in BETA stage… yet to optimize to be able to use at it’s best… it recognizes me once in a while (:wink:) and not sure if you get notifications in non-AI version only when it sees people in the detection zone. That is something if you want to reduce notifications for non-human related activities such as tree branches moving when wind blown etc.,

1 Like

so, all things considered, would you rather have the original cam, or the “e” version?

1 Like

I still like my original eufycam, optimistic, some day this AI will improve big time and can do wonders (or the other way around)
Again, it’s purely personal choice and based on your requirement, budget etc.,

if money was no object, and you were starting from scratch, would you get the original or the E?

100% the original!

AI is not working perfectly and more like a gimmic. But nice to have!
Some of my cams got several hundred videos per day and with AI i can scroll thru them and see which videos may be important as those videos show a small icon of “detected faces” - this is what i use the AI for and won’t miss it!

Good info I have been compare the 2 to 2C to the E and all three to the Arlo pro 2 and you are dead on. I’m going to get the EufyCam 2 with the included base but then add a couple of E’s to the mix. From all the review the video and most other features are better on the Eufy. The only compliant I have seen so far is the lack of a removal battery does mean the camera is throw away in 3 or 4 years but that is a noraml tech refresh cycle for me so I don’t see that as a major issue. The arlo batteries are $50 each.