Eufy Video Doorbell - random rings in the middle of the night

I am having the same issue. I’ve had my doorbell for at least a year and within the last few months it’s been randomly going off…sometimes 2-7 times back to back at any time of the day. Then it’ll be fine for a week, two weeks, three weeks, then it’ll do it again. As I’m typing this it is going off.

I have a T8200 version 2.534

Same issue here. 3-4 times a week since the end of May. Just wanted to add my voice. 3 year old bell (T8200, v 2.354) and otherwise loving it.

I installed the bell on Saturday July 15. This door bell is going on and off. I paired it so many times. Now got it Unplugged finally today. Any solution . Or i should return it for my Money refund from Amazon
Kailash

I had same problem since i have this doorbell (9 months) (random rings every weeks or 2 weeks)
I contacted support in march they asked to do some reset procedure, so I had to wait again few months to be sure the procedure was uneffective.
In July I reached them again to say the problem was still here after testing lot of things. they updated the firmware and since July no random ring, but the doorbell power off every weeks or two. (wired bell so not a battery problem)

Looks like the problem changed from random rings to random shutdown…
But instead of just declaring the doorbell as deffective the support want again to do some default procedure, to check if it’s not my network installation or something… I hope it will not last 1 year before I can get a working update or new doorbell replacement…

I too am getting this with my 2k doorbell but I only have the doorbell and it’s on battery mode not wired. Seems to be going off at 3pm or 3am ish, never any other time. Firmware fully updated and I tried re-pairing but no hope. I found the time changes after I’ve charged it. Once it went off indoors while it was charging and that was a few weeks ago in July. Doorbell is now nearly 2 years old so I can’t get a replacement as it’s outside of warranty. Even the plastic circle cover over the lens has dropped off. I hope the frost won’t damage the lens this coming winter.

I was afraid I had again to do some long test to check if this shutdown problem was solved with a reset or something like that (Since i already made long tests for the previous problem)
But the support allowed me to have a replacement quickly

The EUFY support is very good, fast reply and personalized reply for each customer/problems I’m very happy with that :blush:

Just had my first phantom Doorbell Ring event.
2k model battery powered.

Event occurred at 10:59 local time (not sure if timing plays a role in finding root cause)

It’s extremely wet today, so moisture seems to be the common denominator from what I read from the rest.

The doorbell itself is not wet though and didn’t catch rain.

Just got hit with the mystery ring, Have a T8203 and it’s been going off constantly, I do get a notification that it thinks someone is at the door. Had to power it off, otherwise it just keeps going off .

Well… I got a replacement, and still, my Eufy doorbell goes offline :frowning:
There is no reason to go offline since it’s a wired doorbell with battery, it can just be a power problem…
Seems that have serious problems with these doorbell, actually I prefer the random ring problem since at least the doorbell stay online :frowning:

4 years since the original post and it doesn’t look like this issue has been solved. I too have a T8200 doorbell (and a bunch of other Eufy security products). The T8200 (firmware 2.354) is wired to power and is on a deep covered porch so it definitely never gets wet. I have not had power outages when the ding-dong-ditch happens and it happens very infrequently (but at 5AM last night was pretty annoying). There is no record of a doorbell press and no video; the outdoor unit works when I check video (to see who rang the bell at 5AM), so it appears to be a problem with the T8740 indoor chime rather than then outdoor unit. I’ve tried re-syncing. Is there a firmware enhancement or even a replacement chime available that does not suffer from false triggering and wake us up in the middle of the night? I can’t recommend Eufy doorbells while this problem persists.

We’ve had the Eufy doorbell for several years, had our first random ring last night at 11:00 pm. Rang twice. My suspicion is random RF.

May be a “poltergeist”! :grin: