Eufy Siren

External siren would be nice.
But how do you guys setup the alarm that you don’t trigger it yourself?
My idea still is: At day disabled, at night (when we are home ) sound Homebase siren and once we are away sound only cameras to keep Homebase secret and cameras safe from long fingers?

I would also be interested!!!

I found this thread since I am also in need of an external siren to complement my eufy installation, but haven’t found something compatible yet. Do tell about your Yale solution @alexdavison.

I’m in Sweden and I found a external siren on Yale’s UK website which appears to require their hub. I’m not really keen on installing and maintaining another hub — this is getting to be an expensive hobby — as I already have several today (eufy, Hue, SmartThings, Aqara…). On the other hand, I’m thinking that I’ve got several options to choose from.

Good morning from the UK @YankeeDude!

Yes, I’m afraid the Yale siren would require their hub. Also, I think it would only work in connection with Yale detectors such as their motion or door/window ones.

After some research I decided that the Yale alarm system was the most comprehensive and I’m currently using Ring cameras which don’t have a separate hub. However if eufy were able to provide a siren, I think I’d make the switch to their system completely.

Despite the on-camera alarm feature, the Cam 2 Pro is unable to sound the alarm and record video at the same time. Both my camera & HomeBase 2 have the latest firmware updates. When I trigger the camera to sound the alarm, the recorded footage is extremely laggy, choppy and even black. My cameras miss the most important part… The only solution for now is to deactivate the speakers & alarm on the camera… Pretty stupid for a 399€ purchase!

Seems like there is a lot of interest for an alarm

1 Like

I’m also dissapointed at the volume of the HomeBase 2 and would feel much better with a louder external siren.

1 Like

Eufy Siren sound is so low that it doesn’t even travel to the second floor.

Please bring an add on siren I don’t even mind paying for 2 couple over the floors. And also making the motion sensors addable to Homekit as well. Compatibility is key!

Spent hundreds of pounds on cameras, motion sensors, and indoor cams but without a strong siren its a waste of money!

:frowning_man:

2 Likes

Are you looking into this @AnkerOfficial ?

1 Like

I do like this suggestion, maybe also a built-in strobe led/light for that visual alert.

2 Likes

Firstly having used Nest, Netatmo and Ring, Eufy is my favourite. Scheduling and setting each camera is excellent. The big plus Netatmo has is their add on speaker that can play all sorts of things.
I had the misfortune to have a burglary. The bad news is the burglar heard the camera siren and promptly ripped it off the wall and smashed the camera. The good news was I had some great HD footage of him doing it! I deliberately did not put on Hub siren as that would have revealed where it was (and storing my video!) I submitted this to the police and when the police stopped his vehicle the found items he had stolen. He pleaded innocent at trial but my footage was excellent and he changed his plea. He is serving 7 1/2 years. So all in all good news however if we had a separate siren which I could install on the ceiling this would be the killer product. Right now if you have the camera or hub siren on you are going to get them stolen or smashed. Yes please! :bell::+1:

3 Likes

Glad you were not harmed and the burglar was caught :+1:

1 Like

Its a real shame that @AnkerOfficial do not have an external siren option, it would be an almost perfect kit with this option. For me an external siren is a must so unfortunately i’m having to sell my Eufy security products and switch to Yale :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Eufy need to bring out an external siren. I have indoor wired cameras, wifi cameras outside, and door contacts, as well as a floodlight cam. None of which are working together. This also needs to change.

2 Likes

I would like to have this siren as well. Any replies from @AnkerOfficial.
Sound of home bas is way to low.

2 Likes

I would immediately buy an external siren as soon as they come available. I do not want to compromise the location of my base station, and the alarm there isn’t loud enough to reach the corners of the home anyway. I would likely buy two, one for the interior, and one for the exterior.

Ideally the unit could function as a siren and/or additional doorbell chime and/or speaker.

Better they steal the cameras than the jewellery you are hiding in your house.:joy:

An eufy siren is in great demand

1 Like

Agree! Homebase 2 is too quiet. I would like to place sirens in multiple locations on all levels of the house. Additionally the sirens should have a strobe with significant lumens (1000). Make it simple, have it plug into an outlet like a nightlight with a battery back up.

A siren is in the works and should be available some point this year

3 Likes