Easter Weekend Plans

I am not sure if everyone here celebrates Easter but for those who have some extra time off do you have any plans.

My son is off school for a week starting on Thursday and me and the wife have Friday off so we may do a small trip somewhere. We used to plan a lot for Easter when our son was younger but now it’s just a long weekend… I am looking forward to the extra day off.

The one thing that we still do every year is boil and color eggs….and being Catholic I still remember the reason why I celebrate Easter.
Enjoy your time with your families as it is precious :smiley:

3 Likes

For me just the usual go to church and then bbq at my cousins house

1 Like

Sounds cool, I usually spend time with family as the kids have their easter egg hunt and fly kites haha

2 Likes

Actually have this Easter off work for a change. So I’ll definitely spend time with my family!

2 Likes

We’ve got the Anthony Joshua v Parker Heavyweight fight in the stadium on Saturday so I’m working most of the weekend.

But Sunday we will have an Easter egg hunt and fill our faces :-). Our kids are off school for 2 weeks so I’ve booked off the 2nd week and we’ll have some trips and fun too.

3 Likes

Digging for easter eggs in the snow in our garden! :grin:

3 Likes

Enjoy.

Down here in NorCal it is a non event. I saw a poster saying Easter Sunday but no date so no idea when that actually is.

Prepping for some room decorating over the Easter break, a few drinks with family and of course chocolate :yum: :grin:

2 Likes

The UK has Easter, days off.

The USA does not. So have to look it up research.

1 Like

Pretty much only Bank Holiday Monday is the day off now…I’m just using accumulated holiday days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Work, eat, and sleep as usual.

My friends and I used to put $1 bills in Easter eggs, hide them in a small area of a public park, and then see who can find the most eggs and money haha.

1 Like

Just made full time at one of my jobs, so Monday will be my last day at job 2 and I will focus the rest of the day working

2 Likes

I don’t tend to do anything for Easter, this year I will be be playing airsoft on the Sunday. Possibly might involve an Easter egg hunt game or such :grin:

1 Like

Having loads chocolates eggs :slight_smile:

Also Meeting a few friends.

1 Like

I just plan to visit some family and eat lots of candy. I love me some chocolate peanut butter eggs! :smile:

2 Likes

I go to church on Easter and we will have a family dinner at the end of the day

2 Likes

I can’t wait for it to be over. As you can imagine with the chocolate bouquet orders. It’s been a bit mental lol

Good Friday is a stat holiday for most of us in Canada and for the rest they receive Easter Monday off. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday

2 Likes

As a perk from our workplace, we start the easter from Thursday afternoon (Maundy Thursday) so we have 4.5 days in total :wink:

2 Likes

Congrats, is having one job free you some time up in your day or will it be the same (or worse)?

1 Like