Does customer service even exist? Email sent on Sunday, today is Monday 7pm - no reply. Spirit Pro GVA issues

Sorry, but i find that hard to believe as the majority of retailers have a 90 day return period. Some even offer extended return periods during the holidays.

1 Like

Hi @Nick_Nik
That sucks, I would fight that with them.
As @Tank says, most retailers give extended returns over Christmas - many in the UK give until the end January for November/December purchases.
If you haven’t already, do a bit of research online surrounding the retailers return policies.

Uhh, what? Amazon only had 30 day and is the largest online retailer in the country (world?)

1 Like

Maybe just a US thing @TechMan :frowning:
Amazon.co.uk have been giving returns until the end of January since the beginning of November. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s good that they give you plenty of time to return an item if needed

1 Like

They do have an extended warranty over the holidays, but it’s still not a standard 90 day as Rob said

1 Like

Go look at the return policy for most brick and mortar stores, and you will see that the majority has a 90 day window and extended on holidays.

But the OP most likely purchased from amazon.com

They purchased over a month ago. As @paulstevenewing mentioned amazon has had the extended warranty since the end of November.

One month ago would have been November 28th. Over 1 month ago could have added 1–2 weeks before that, which is the 14th-21st which is before the extended warranty was valid.

1 Like

I have a hard time believing that Anker support is not helping from personal experience alone. As you seem to lash on your posts I hope that isn’t the tone you use with support. They have replaced, refunded and straight given me products because something was wrong. Maybe just tell them you want a refund. Anyway I know they are always helpful so keep at it and keep us updated. Good luck

1 Like

Mine above was on a purchase 31st Oct, delivered 1st Nov :+1:t2:
Shame OP is being fobbed off by the retailer.
Out of interest @Nick_Nik who did you purchase them from?

As for customer service - THEY ARE POLITE. But how can they repeatedly keep saying I didn’t provide correct receipt for the “SPIRITPRO” model…They kept saying receipt only has SoundBuds model… in dozen of emails they kept saying this nonsense!!!
Are they blind or stupid? Can anyone not see different items on the receipt? I kept saying “read receipt line by line, letter by letter”

wm

Also, they don’t know much about this product either. They told me to find serial number and of course it wasn’t where they told me to look. I still don’t know where it is and assume it doesn’t exist…
Their polite customer service has no idea about all the Chinese basement made junk they sell.

Oh yeah, and of course they “never heard of the issue” I was reporting. I told them about a cool thing, called GOOGLE where the problem I’m experiencing with the first set is mentioned all over the internet, including these anker forums. (I didn’t search for the issue I’m having with 2nd set, don’t see the point. product is garbage).

Please note, I’m not complaining about the sound quality - I mainly use headset for phone calls so I could use it during long meetings. So all these issues, including the issue with the 2nd headset where I can’t hear the other party after about 1hr… and forced to turn BT off and back on…are big deal to me. As I said before - I never ever had such issues with any BT headphones I’ve used. But now I’m thinking the reason may be the brands I had used - they were samsung, jabra, plantronics…

I just don’t know what else to expect form this company that can’t read the receipt?
What are they going to say next? I shipped back an empty box? I shipped back a wrong item? They didn’t find issues with my headset and therefore sending it back to me…?

I repeatedly asked and was promised a callback… but never got one. I was told on Thursday my case was escalated and NOT ONE BUT TWO managers from two different departments were supposed to call me back today or tomorrow. Well, today is Sunday and my phone is has not been ringing off the hook

POLITE - YES
STUPID - EXTREMELY
VERDICT - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

If anker doesn’t offer me an acceptable solution I’ll try to get retailer take these back and will be contacting BBB. I think this company has lots of room for improvement.

1 Like

Out of morbid curiosity…what is your idea of an acceptable solution?

replace with a different model, unless they know for a fact all mine are from bad batch and replace with the ones which don’t have issues. That’s why I need to talk on the phone with someone, someone who is sane, someone who can read receipts, someone who knows a thing or two about the products they sell.

I can’t be giving this junk away as gifts…

Simple?

Stop waiting for them to call you and call them yourself

CALL US

• US

[+1 (800) 988 7973](tel:+1 (800) 988 7973)
Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PT)

• UK

[+44 (0) 1604 936 200](tel:+44 (0) 1604 936 200)
Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM (GMT)

• DE

[+49 (0) 69 9579 7960](tel:+49 (0) 69 9579 7960)
Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM

• JP

[+81 03 4455 7823](tel:+81 03 4455 7823)
Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM

• CN

[+86 400 0550 036](tel:+86 400 0550 036)
Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM

• UAE

[+971 8000320817](tel:+971 8000320817)(Arabic&English)
Sun-Thu 9AM-5:30PM (GMT+4)

• KSA

[+966 8008500030](tel:+966 8008500030)(Arabic&English)
Sun-Thu 8AM-4:30PM (GMT+3)

• KW

[+965 22069086](tel:+965 22069086)(Arabic&English)
Sun-Thu 8AM-4:30PM (GMT+3)

1 Like

I did on Thursday - guy said my case was escalated and I’ll get a call from some higher-ups manager. I asked the guy to speak to his manager and he he said his manager will call me later today, tomorrow the latest. . Again that was Thursday…

So, yes I could call back again I on Monday I guess, but now I feel like it may not be worth it. I don’t know if any product they sell is good enough for me (meaning it works without issues until battery needs charging) Zolo seems to work, but I doubt they would trade my sets for Zolos and I’m not willing to pay extra for what I need headsets for. So screw them.

but I may call, see what they say. Maybe the do know the product I have is garbage and will replace it with newer version or maybe there’s a firmware update which fixes all glitches.

I just don’t feel like doing their work (testing) for them.

Here’s an email from a manager… (ONE OF THE MANAGERS WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME!!! Why didn’t he??? )

On Monday, December 30, 2019, 01:57:03 AM EST, anker support team support@anker.com wrote:

Dear XXX,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Again, we apologize for any and all disappointment and inconvenience caused! We asked the call team to call you for the issue a few days ago. I’m sorry to learn you still haven’t received their call. In this case, we will call you ASAP.

Thank you for your time!

Reference Ticket#XXXXXXXX if contacting a CSR

Shane

Soundcore Customer Support Manager

I just called them myself, once I gave them case number I’ve been on hold for 10 minutes. The guy said a manager will call me back within 5 minutes. I told the guy I have to know the exact time if possible… The guy assured me it’ll be within 5 minutes. I verified it and re-verified it. Guess what? It’s been 50 minutes, no call…

I told the guy I’m recording our conversation… and this recording will be posted as well.

Hey, I get that you are frustrated. But if you want things resolved, then you also need to be polite and professional. Based on your posts, I’d say you’ve been:

POLITE - NO
STUPID - POSSIBLY
VERDICT - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

I think you have a lot of room for improvement.

I’m sorry but I find your reply idiotic.

What should I do to get things resolved? Should I submit the same receipt 10 times? 100 times? 1000 times? Maybe I should allow not 8 days as it has been so far, but 80 days for this? Should I be treating every email from anker as a favor? May be I should keep calling them myself daily, getting their promise for the manager’s call back??? Well, you do that!

Good thing I type 80 words per minute, faster than I think :slight_smile:

I did talk to anker supervisor today who went through all the emails and said he doesn’t understand how these… people… didn’t see the obvious on the receipt and kept bringing back this nonsense multiple times… and he apologized half a dozen times without me asking for it. he did say he doesn’t understand why the two managers didn’t call me last week as promised and said if he went through the email hell like I did he’d be a lot more frustrated than I am.

he did acknowledge this product is crap with multiple issues and suggested I request different model, but he is not the decision maker and doesn’t know if this will get resolved to my satisfaction…

Providing warranty exchange for DOA products shouldn’t be enough, not to mention they want me to send mine first and then wait for the exchange. I understand when one product is bad, but 2 out 2 is a bit too much.

So, we’ll see how it goes. I just don’t feel like I should be wasting my time testing this crap which was supposed to be unopened gifts. I’m not their QA person and I don’t enjoy doing it. I’d test the rest if they paid me or if they offered a reward for every issue found…:slight_smile:
I’m sorry, I can’t imagine anyone but a complete idiot not agreeing with me 100% on this issue.

Don’t be a jackass. And you’ll get much faster and better service. Pretty much everyone here who had issues got them resolved very quickly and smoothly. So what does that say about YOU?

You sound very entitled. Get over yourself.

2 Likes

Seriously, who talks like this?

I’m sorry, I can’t imagine anyone but a complete jackass talking like this.

1 Like