Does customer service even exist? Email sent on Sunday, today is Monday 7pm - no reply. Spirit Pro GVA issues

my emails To: support@anker.com , service@soundcore.com:

On Sunday, December 22, 2019, 08:51:53 PM EST, Xxx<…> wrote:

hi there. I purchased 13 of your products as holiday gifts.

9 Spirit Pro GVA

2 Sound Budds

2 Liberty.

I charged spirit Pro GVA a few days ago and used it for a few minutes the same day. Today I tried to use it, it lasted a few minutes. I plugged in the charger, steady red came on for about 5 minutes and went off, no blue light. This set would not power on any longer. I tried charging again, same deal - red for a few minutes and then no light and it doesn’t work.

If this is a known defect (according to google search it is…), not a software glitch which can be flashed… I’m afraid to give these out as gifts… So, what do I do with these?

If it is a known defect which affects only certain units and you know how to identify the affected units, let me know. If this defect affects all units, I’d like to know my replacement options with the new and improved units… The only thing is - i’d like to get the replacements THIS YEAR, so i can give them out as gifts… I can’t be giving out defective products.

info from the box

848061023251 (upc)

A3404ZF1 AC3

I’d appreciate a call back (xxx) xxx - xxxx

thanks.

On Sunday, December 22, 2019, 09:16:13 PM EST, Xxx<…> wrote:

update - it starts working if I reset it ( ‘Play’ and ‘+’ buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds (while charging)), but not for long, maybe 30min or so and then it dies again

When I reset it again, it works and shows battery at 90%. So the battery is not an issue, unless it’s not being reported correctly

Something is triggering this device to stop working and needing reset.

Please let me know if there’s a solution to this, doing resets (and pairs) every 30min or so is not something anyone is willing to do. I’d like to use this product for phone calls while driving, resets won’t work for me even if they are needed every 30 hours, not every 30 minutes

If there’s an updated version of the software, please point me to it and instructions.

If there’s an updated version of the devices I purchased with all the issues fixed, please ship them to me

1 Like

Hey @Nick_Nik
Welcome to the community.
Most here will agree the service, for those that have needed to use it, has been first class. But mistakes do happen.
Are all 9 performing this way?
Where did you purchase the items, have you approached the reseller where you purchased? You may get a faster turn around, especially as they were bought as gifts and it’s almost Christmas Eve.

Hey @AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport are you able to step in?

I didn’t test them all, I want to know if this is a known issue and hopefully anker has a way to identify which units are affected by serial or something.

If it is a known issue and all mine are from the same bad batch, there’s no point on testing them all…

1 Like

Good call @Nick_Nik
If the serial numbers aren’t consecutive it might be worth listing in your post above to allow quicker confirmation for you.
Hope you get a speedy resolution to this post.

I don’t even know where the serial numbers are. If they are on the box - great. If I need to unpack each and every gift to get it - not good :slight_smile:

Sorry, I thought this was the info from the box of the faulty unit.

Which part of the world are you from @Nick_Nik?

I’m based in the UK, it’s getting late here so signing off now.
I’ll check in tomorrow and hopefully see an update on the resolution :+1:t2:

Depending in your location/time where you are it might be worth calling Anker.
Here’s a link to their contact numbers.

That was from the box, but it’s a UPC and I guess model number. … they are the same on every box. I don’t know where the serial number is. Maybe on the unit itself, don’t know

I’m from US. I didn’t see the phone number listed on their site. NOW I SEE IT! Thanks! :slight_smile:
They are closed for Christmas 12/23-12/25. I think most companies in US are working on 12/23… maybe I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Thank you! Have a good holiday!

1 Like

Maybe they are out for the holidays

What dis you use to charge these? Was it a wall plug or a powerbank? Also did you use the cord that came with them or did you use your own?

This product is garbage. This company hires degenerates.

The 2nd set ALSO has issues. during 2.5 hr conversation I stopped hearing the other party TWICE, but turning bt off and on fixed the issue both times. Yes, this is not as bad as the 1st set where you have to connect it to charger and reset it, but still garbage.

I HAVE NEVER HAD A BT HEADSET DEVICE THAT HAD PROBLEMS, NEVER!!! NOT ONE EVER DIED ON ME, THEY GOT LOST… BUT NEVER DIED.

So, this is (this model) is garbage.

We exchanged a dozen emails back and forth. They asked for the receipt, but they said the receipt I emailed didn’t have this particular headset on it, but had other kind (receipt has 3 items, 3 anker headsets I purchased).
I asked them REPEATEDLY look at the receipt again LINE BY LINE, LETTER BY LETTER, and got a bunch of stupid emails asking for receipt and then one below saying’

*"We strive to make things right whenever we run into any quality or manufacture-related issues with our products, as much as lies within our warranty and ability as a team. Some factors are, unfortunately, outside our control, such as processing a warranty without proof of purchase. As mentioned, please do reach out if you obtain that so we can proceed to the next step. *

For the receipt you provided, I’m afraid it’s not the correct one since the product in the receipt was not the Soundcore Spirit Pro VGA, but Soundbuds Flow headphones.

The concerns that arose in your case have been documented and will be used to improve our products and workflow. We would like to be able to help you with any other needs you might have in the future."

This is just f**** nuts!!!
Degenerates, that’s what I started calling them in every email that followed. I resubmitted the same receipt and wanted them to apologize for being stupid (for fu***** with me about the receipt issue in multiple emails), but of course they didn’t apologize for that, they did apologize for their product being sh*t.

Don’t get me wrong, they are nice, they are super nice, but THEY ARE WASTING MY TIME!!!

I DON’T WANT EMAILS AND ASKED FOR A CALLBACK IN EVERY SINGLE EMAIL…
They have promised a callback but never called me back.

Now I have 9 sets, 7 of which are still brand new, but the only 2 I opened (so far) have issues. I purchased these as Christmas gifts which is too late now, but still I don’t want to keep this garbage simply because 2 out of 2 is more than anything reasonable.

All I want is AT LEAST to HAVE ALL ALL 9 REPLACED. NOW THAT I LEFT WITH THIS GARBAGE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT AND I DON’T WANT TO TEST ALL 9, SIMPLY BECAUSE I’M NOT ON THEIR PAYROLL. I’M A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, I DON’T WANT TO WASTE HOURS ON EVERY SINGLE SET, TEST IT AND HAVE IT REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY AFTER A MILLION EMAIL EXCHANGE.

I DON’T THINK I’M ASKING FOR TOO MUCH - 2 OUT OF 2 IS GARBAGE IN SOFTWARE WORLD ALL I WANT IS REPLACE THEM ALL PREFERABLY WITH A DIFFERENT PRODUCT OR PAY ME FOR ANY ISSUE I FIND WITH REMAINING 7 (OR 9 OR 11, SINCE I PURCHASED 3 KINDS OF SETS, 13 TOTAL (LUCKY NUMBER I KNOW :)) BUT THEIR ZOLO LIBERTY ONES SEEM TO BE FINE)

BY THE WAY, I’M COMPILING A VIDEO WHICH WILL HAVE THE EMAILS AND REPLIES ONE BY ONE AND THAT VIDEO WILL BE POSTED ONLINE. I’M VERY ANGRY WITH THE WAY THIS IS BEING HANDLED.

They are polite, but stupid and a dozen of emails is way to much for handling this issue.

1 Like

charger doesn’t matter, as long as it is =>0.5. At least that’s what anker told me.

I tried samsung charger (1 or 1.x amp), desktop usb port (should be 0.5amp), 2 different cables including the one shipped with the item. …

The issue with this product is the product itself, not the charging cables. 2nd product has another issue, I described it above (if my post didn’t get deleted :slight_smile: )

This product is garbage. 2 out of 2 have issues, although different issues.

Yes, there are garbage products sold in retail stores in US, I remember walmart used to carry no name brands of electronics which were garbage, but unfortunately it’s too late for me to return these back to the store so unless anker steps in and replaces it with something that works the way it should, I’ll be stuck with it…

Hi @Nick_Nik sorry to hear of your issues and while I can understand your frustration, the posting tirade on here is unlikely to help matters further.

As I understand it you have purchased x9 Spirit Pro GVA but 2 of which are not working, have you tested the remaining x7 which could speed up the issue of just having the faulty units replaced? Yes this may end up time consuming but even if all 9 are replaced, you would still need to test them.

I would suggest you keep liaising with support to resolve your issue…yes responses are likely to be slower over holiday periods but they will assist.

You will also find a better response if you keep your responses civil, using terms like degenerate are uncalled for.

1 Like

I agree with you, but now i’m stuck with this and with the way they handled it…

This problem should be their problem, not my problem. They should be compensating me for troubleshooting their junk at the rate acceptable to me, otherwise, how is it fair to me?
I don’t think providing a UPS label after dozens of emails back in forth in regards to a receipt they can’t\don’t want to read (or they are just f***** with me) is acceptable…

They should make it right, and providing UPS labels for the warranty of the faulty products that are no longer needed is just not enough. I know I’d do a lot more if I was in their shoes.

P.S. No I haven’t tested the remaining 7. What’s the point? So I keep them for next Christmas or give out as open boxes (tested, tested replacements, etc)as gifts without occasion? They ruined it for me and it cost me time and money. and on the top of that the way they handled it is unacceptable. Being polite in emails is not enough.

I’m not anker employee. Warranty is nice, but now I truly believe people in situation like mine should be compensated for wasting their time. If only one set had issues that would be acceptable, but >1??? and they want me to waste hours testing the other 7 and replacements? so they can provide ups label after dozen of emails verifying receipt info?? how is that fair to me?

All I can say is that the way it was handled was VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, polite yes, but unprofessional. They have not apologized for the way it was handled yet. I should be happy that I got a ups label after dozen of emails about receipt they had since day one???

With the way it was handled so far, I won’t be surprised if there are going to be more issues once they receive the 2 faulty units… I can’t even imagine what else to expect, but with the way it was handled so far, anything can happen.

It’s been 7 days since I sent them an email about the faulty unit. 7 days of emails back and forth (yes, they did reply during holidays)

The best thing is to be respectful in your posts, and follow the right process to reach out to support and work with them as suggested in above posts.

1 Like

So they have offered return UPS labels so you can return the tested / untested items which would also mean a replacement or a refund, how is this not acceptable?

that’s not what I said. They issued a UPS label for the 2 faulty units and no, nobody offered a refund. they will send me back what ever once they receive the 2 units.
so it’s a game of testing, finding issues, emailing, shipping and testing. and I won’t be surprised if receipt issues will take the majority of time… receipts are soo complicated these days…(for some people)

I know some software companies release first version of the product which is pure garbage, but they want it “out… on the shelf”… and then they work and resolve all issues found. I think this is what anker may be doing - they need to compete so they released garbage and now offering replacements… not sure anyone else is going through dozen of receipt related emails… either way this is unacceptable.

The first issue is all over the internet, but anker “never heard of it”. Of course they haven’t, that’s what customer service reps in many companies are trained to say… The 2nd one where the I stop hearing the other party after probably an hour (happened twice during 2.5 hr conversation) is not as common, because not many people may be using headphones for that long… I didn’t google this one, was able to reproduce it and that was enough for me to know this is an issue.

Hey @Nick_Nik
I hope you had a great festive period.
Sorry to hear you’re not where you expected to be on this issue.
Have you considered going back to the retailer and returning that part of the order?
I know it’s not the resolution you are after but at least it gets them off your hands and you can move on.
Just a thought.

I tried - too late. purchased over a month ago.

1 Like