Any watch enthusiast here?

I just said this to someone yesterday. Great minds think alike :wink::grin:

2 Likes

Reminds me of my second fave watch … Timex reef. A scuba watch that lasted approx 9 to 11 years (can’t remember exactly) on a single battery.

First fave is my current certified divers watch by Citizen.

1 Like

My wife would probably make an argument for a wedding band, but I get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know that I have tended not to wear a watch. I have a good internal clock lol. I would be tempted to wear the Apple Watch (cause of the tech/nerd factor of being an electronic device) but I really do not want to invest hundreds into it. I believe I could get into wearing a watch but just have not found the right one yet.

I will say that I did like those clip watches on your belt/belt loops. So any suggestions on any good techie type watches

I was very close to purchasing your top watch, any complaints or regrets?

1 Like

Absolutely no regrets. It’s an awesome watch. So light due to titanium.
Get it and you won’t regret :+1:

1 Like

Started with a Citizen Eco Drive, Used to own a Rolex (gifted by my Uncle), till it was stolen

Now have an Apple Watch 3 with GSM

What, no Movado?

1 Like

Never been a huge fan. Although I like minimalism, their watches are just not my style.

I wouldn’t be mad if I was gifted a Movado, just not sure it would be on my list to purchase.

I was gifted a Movado with my name engraved, 11 years ago. It was worn for 5 minutes then spent 11 years in a box. I am currently moving houses and found it, new in its original box and I have to decide is it landfill (trash), keep, or sell. The engraving meant I could probably not sell it, so its landfill / keep. It felt like its expensive so didn’t go to landfill. So by elimination, even though its crap awful useless, I kept it. Sent it in a shipping crate this week with 1 Ton of other items.

My LG Watch Urbane 2, spent this week on my wrist, it accepts incoming calls, notifies me of emails, texts. I have a Fossil Sport, it is lighter / smaller. I have a Casio tough solar I use when “unplugged”, I got it after the Movado and it spent 5+ years on my wrist.

I am about to be retired, so chances are the Casio tough solar will be on my wrist til it dies, already 10+ years old.

Or you do :wink: They say that you can’t take it with you to the other side but I guess you could :grin:

Been trying to get this watch for a long time now. Very similar to my other G-Shock but this one has way more functions. price when I originally wanted it was $450… now it is fluctuating between $650 - $899

Casio G-Shock MTGS1000D-1A

2 Likes

Keep that Movado.
A watch is small and should find a place even in your minimalistic household :wink:
A mechanical watch is much more than a quartz one.
Take a look at the movement and see how it works.
Fantastic.
I got this one recently:

About 1960 with that AS1130 movement called the “Wehrmachtswerk”.
Used in many watches given to the Wehrmacht in the 1940’ies.
Sturdy one.

3 Likes

I like this topic more n more.

I’ve always been a fan of a nice watch.

Not a huge fan of Rolex, purely cos I think there tacky. In that… I got money look, at my Rolex

I like some of the Tagg Huer watches, which can still cost a few K, but aren’t so in your face wealth.

I think citizen ECCO watches are pretty nice, and I’d love to own a limited edition titanium commando watch… Only £350 and as I was a civi chef for 40 unit commando, they have a special place for me… Plus they’re the best in the world!

Do you know the British watch manufacturer “Smiths”?
I think it was the only real one in UK after those great watch makers (Pocket watches and clocks) in 18 and 19 century.

They made nice military watches with inhouse movements. Nowadays rare ones.
But they are still in the market, someone took over the name and I don’t know if the watches are of high quality as the old ones had been.

A quick Google brings up a Smith’s blog and some are worth hundreds.

Rare, as this is the only watch manufacturer who was in military ones.
I had one years ago, but stupid I was, I swapped it.

This is one of the remakes:

smiths

Nice face, I would say, but not authentic for a watch collector.

I play Best of the best (spot the ball competition)

It’s mostly used by people to try and win a car but every week they have a lifestyle comp - I always pick a couple of watches there in the hope of winning.

(Ps I can refer anyone if they want - please delete if this is against rules)

This week I went for these

Tudor is the little sister of ROL*X.
In the old days they used the same movement, same cases, so the same quality.
But TUDOR were cheaper of course.

I would never use a bronze case.
Steel, what else. :wink: