Any watch enthusiast here?

Of course there a female watch enthusiasts.
But their intention is different.
The watch needs to be nice an chique.
Often my wife tries to snatch a watch I got.
But after a while she gives it back and goes back to the other beauties she owns.
Sometimes there is NO return. :grin:

This one she would not like.
But this is one of my “every day” watches.
Tough and indestructible.
SEIKO 5 Automatic

3 Likes

A classic watch in its own right.

Built like a shithouse, and keeps on ticking.

I had one when I was young n dumb, and sold it for a shiny new Adidas watch… Mind, that was quite cool… It had a Swiss commando workings in it, and in 93, £100 (GBP) was a good whack.

1 Like

Seiko never used swiss movements.
Therefore these watches are so incredible robust! :grin:

1 Like

I was out earlier at lunch time picking up a couple of Xmas gifts. Found myself in a jewellers looking at watches and these 2 caught my eye.

Pics from the watchshop website

1 Like

Ooh I like the second one

Me too, in person the red is really vibrant

Do these show the time as well?:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I love watches! I currently own a Casio G-Shock GST-S110D-1ACR. It is my EDC!
I had a Samsung Gear S3, which I loved! but battery kept draining rather quickly… I returned it
I tried to upgrade to the next gen Samsung Watch but they only make it in Silver/Black and not all black (46mm).
So back to my old faithful G-Shock

3 Likes

Lol apparently so.

The first one is huge and could easily be confused with a paperweight :joy:

As we’re on a tech forum…

I have always been a fan on geek watches and it has probably cost me more money than any other geek vice. But I’m getting stronger as I not bought anything watch related for over a year.

Currently using an LG Watch Urbane 2 with an LTE sim.

I like getting different watches, I have a small collection of watches and I like to wear watches as an accessory every day.
The one I wear most often is my Relic Chronograph ZR66035 watch.
Here’s a picture.

Oooh, I like fossil watches too.

1 Like

Been waiting for the inventory to replenish. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The two coloured bezel is called “pepsi-style”.
You find this as well on old mechanic SEIKOs (5 and chronos) and ROLX as well.
This watch reminds me of a ROL
X. :wink:

1 Like

You are correct that the more current audience have dubbed the watch as “Pepsi”; however, this actual model should be in fact called “Pan Am”. Then in 1954 the first GMT was born with the notorious blue and red bezel.

Quick origin
Once the “World’s Most Experienced Airline” before it went bust in 1991, Pan American World Airways (more famously, “Pan Am”) asked Rolex to develop a watch for its pilots that would display multiple time zones at a glance, to better manage jet lag. This relationship bore fruit in the GMT-Master of 1954, which also became popular among globetrotting business travellers, pilots in the military, and astronauts.

2 Likes

That is a good looking watch!

I used to buy cheapo watches from dollar stores/gas stations until I bought a Citizen eco-drive with a sapphire lens on clearance at a big box chain. I wear it everyday and do not take care of it as I should, not a scratch on the lens. I totally understand those who are watch enthusiasts!

1 Like

Do smartwatches count? Lol

Thank you for more infos.
I didn:t know the story of Panam.
I know that ROL*X has this GTM model, which is a classical and well sought.

I am not so much in the ROL*X watches, more focussing at military ones.

Do always remember:
A nice and valuable watch is the only “piece of jewellery”
a real man should wear. :joy: