Anker Wall Charger Buying Guide

We all know Anker is the most popular brand for chargers. And they offer a lot of options. But such a selection can be confusing for some. Especially anyone dealing with their first USB-C device. Common questions we see around here include, “Which of these chargers should I buy?” Or, “What’s the best charger for my device?” I wrote this guide to help in those and similar cases.

Anker Wall Charger Buying Guide

The guide goes over the list of currently available Anker wall chargers (for the U.S.), broken down by port type. I then go over the different types of fast charging technology used in Anker chargers. From Quick Charge to USB Power Delivery to the latest PowerIQ 3.0.

After that I make specific recommendations for an assortment of popular USB-C devices. For anyone who wants to go right to the recommendations there is a shortcut at the top of the guide. The recommendations are limited to a few choices. Often there are more Anker chargers which would do the same job. I focused on what works well, in common situations, and what offers the best value to the buyer.

I’m always open to feedback. If there’s something you wish the guide covered better or have any other suggestions let me know.

The power bank guide is now available. Check out that post here.

19 Likes

Awesome guide! :clap:

1 Like

Awesome guide! I’ve working on one of these for a while. I keep putting it off for other projects.

Cool. I have the PowerPort 5, and the PowerPort III mini. I just got a USB-C to lightning cable so I can now officially charge my iPhone at 18w

1 Like

Great job on the buying guide!

1 Like

Now that is a thorough guide.

GREAT!!!
You did a phantastic job.
I was suggesting to create a library here, were such manuals, reports instructions etc. should be stored.
This is a NEED!
What about this ANKEROFFICIAL?

Well done and excellent guide @queuebitt :clap:

This should help anyone looking to buy a charger.

Edit - Anker should add this or a similar guide to the Anker.com Main page

2 Likes

Excellent job on the guide @queuebitt :+1:

2 Likes

Worthy post to be pinned :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the pin! So glad everyone is finding it useful.

great guide!! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great job, and it’s very helpful hence the pin. Keep up the great work

1 Like

Good information!! Thanks for putting it together!!

1 Like

this must have taken a while to put together, since how long have you been working on it?

Great, asking for this type of guide long time, thanks !:ok_hand:

1 Like

I didn’t count the hours, but it wasn’t too bad. I already had details on all of Anker’s USB-C chargers from my general listings. And reviewed quite a few, too. The rest were easy to pull up via Anker’s and Amazon’s sites. I already knew device charging specs and the other information from my other work. So was more of putting everything down in a usable format. And since I used the same format twice (for the power bank guide publishing tomorrow) the second one took only half as long.

I do remember having to make a number of changes when the PowerPort III Nano was released. My draft was done before then. But it changed the math on recommendations for smaller devices, so needed a partial re-write. I expect future releases will need the same.

The time spent will be worth it. I now have something I can quickly share when I see someone asking for Anker charger suggestions.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing. I maintained my own list but it died a natural death as Anker released so many products it became full time job and I had other things to do.

Hope you can keep it updated longer than I could.

Awesome list but for the dual port list the 18W charger is going to the 30W charger on amazon and the second one on the list is not linking to amazon. But rather redirect to the website.

1 Like