Anker Portable Charger Buying Guide

We all know Anker is the most popular brand for portable chargers (aka power banks). And they offer many options in both capacity and output. But such a selection can be confusing for some. Especially anyone dealing with their first USB-C device and wanting to fast charge. Common questions we see around here include, “Which of these power banks should I buy?” Or, “What’s the best portable charger for my needs?” I wrote this guide to help in those and similar cases.

Anker Portable Charger Buying Guide

The guide goes over the list of currently available Anker power banks (for the U.S.), broken down by capacity. And then again by output. It also discusses capacity to help you get a better idea of how much you need. This helps you from coming up short during the day. As well as stop from overbuying or carrying more weight than you need. The guide also goes over the different types of fast charging technology used in Anker power banks. From PowerIQ to USB Power Delivery.

Finally, I make specific recommendations for an assortment of popular USB-C devices. For anyone who wants to go right to the recommendations there is a shortcut at the top of the guide. The recommendations are limited to a few choices. Often there are more Anker portable chargers which would do the same job. I focused on what works well, in common situations, and what offers the best value to the buyer. My picks follow my capacity guidelines. But I also offer suggests for those who want as much capacity as possible.

I’m always open to feedback. If there’s something you wish the guide covered better or have any other suggestions let me know.

I have also posted a similar guide for Anker’s wall chargers here.

7 Likes

Another great guide, @queuebitt! Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

Cool. I’m pretty sure @Insider has one too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

Thank you for putting this together!!

2 Likes

Nice one @queuebitt

1 Like