Anker Re[Charge] Livestream

“7PM EST, so it was only around 15 minutes late; however starting the livestream early at 6:45 didn’t help.”

This is correct. We were on the other side of a curtain and didn’t even notice they had begun the livestream at 6:45, but it was scheduled for 7. As soon as they beckoned us (7:05ish?) everyone was seated within a couple of minutes. The production company appeared fully set-up, so I’m not sure what caused the delay.

2 Likes

@ktkundy @Matt_Tabor and I made a similar observations. SPECIFICALLY, when looking at the new cooler, powercore and the questionable necessity for the solix inverter. There were several points where we basically said “just because the engineers could, doesn’t mean they should” have done xyz. This is of course FAR from an Anker exclusive issue. I work at a polytechnic university and fully understand how difficult it is blend demand, marketing, finance and engineering to produce a final product.

I’ll never let go of the way the battery door on the cooler doesn’t securely close…The unnecessary fingerprint magnet piano black plastic on various accouterments, in the year of our lord 2023…Why the wheels attached to equipment marketed to be used outside are falling short of inspiring confidence…The lack of a [redacted] for the [redacted], although I appreciate the strength of the magnets being used this time, but I am not sure they’ll replace my current Liberty 2 Pros.

We were clearly interacting with marketers/brand reps and not engineers. Speaking only for myself, I felt some of the critiques the Anker reps heard provided them with some validation of their own concerns.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I think that is where there is a lot of contention (at least for me). Anker needs to be able to take feedback from technical users; it is a bit disheartening to hear that there is even some perceived concerns from other departments that might be ignored.

I’m reminded of this when engineers vs marketing don’t align.

1 Like

Did you 3 get on camera? Matt, Kaitlyn, Robert?

image image image

3 Likes

If you asked nicely you’d likely get a better picture of us :rofl::rofl::rofl:. These look like they are from a 1995 episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

1 Like

That’s fine, I’ve avoided cameras ever since that grassy knoll embarrassment.

2 Likes

Nice to see some Anker members there. Hope all enjoyed it

2 Likes

I feel the same. I use my name in vain with affection as well. Am glad it went well and sorry I missed it.

LOL! The vision of the cat cracked me up.

We missed you though! I hope to be extending invitations to both brand and community events.

2 Likes

For sure! We limited invites to community people who had participated in Community Office Hours:)

I am not saying I should have been invited, but it would have been nice, if asked. I’ve been in the Anker Community since the beginning. I fell off from involvement recently, when Anker themselves fell off on here as well.

I covered the 1st Anker event in NYC and I hold a valid NY City-issued Press Credential, which is pretty official over here :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true for a lot of people here, including those who were invited. It wasn’t an open invitation event, and we will have more of these kinds of opportunities.

There may be some who are disappointed now.
Like me!
I will be never invited…hehehe! :joy:
And if so I can not take part.

But I never mind and don’t care.
What will an old fool like me do there.

Sorry, Franz.

I was kidding! :grin:
I never will take part in such events.
I don’t like those.
But I had to write this because others were so disappointed not being invited.