Anker Re[Charge] Livestream

I work at a polytechnic university, if I had known, I could have borrowed one. Let me go pickup a banana for scale, brb.

2 Likes

Actually, for scale I have a 26800 powercore+ on me. When appropriate, I’ll use that, as we’ll all know what it is. And I have a set of soundcore liberty 2 pros with the case.

1 Like

Anyone watching the livestream? Not seeing any familiar faces on there yet!

3 Likes

Be there soon

I need to just change my profile to my own name; would make it a lot easier to recognise. Man this is delayed, they are starting to lose people :frowning:

Oh well. I was never invited, and yes I live in NYC.

PowerHouse name change to Solix to further distinguish betwen the different products. Really good presentation.

1 Like

We invited three community members to attend the closed event:) Look for their posts.

I will say it has been amazing meeting so many of you virtually and, now, in real life.

2 Likes

Thanks! I like the name. My colleague Jason came up with SOLIX, which is a testament to his good brain. I stink at copywriting and brand naming. It’s truly a gift.

2 Likes

It was a pretty limited invitation list, and living in NYC wasn’t a consideration. Community involvement was, but since I am so new, it was about the people who showed up to Office Hours. We’ll be doing more of these kinds of things, so maybe you’ll get a invite next time:)

1 Like

We missed you! And also we have used your name in vain with affection!

3 Likes

Size matters … wait. Was that unprofessional or what!!! I love that you brought comparison items:)

This comment is so interesting to me! Do you dislike journalists? Think they’re all biased? Why would they need balancing? Genuinely curious.

It is certainly better than a lot of tech companies where it appears that they name their products by letting their cat roll around on the keyboard :slight_smile:

Excited about the new larger prime chargers and new power banks as well.

1 Like

Short answer is everyone is biassed.

Reality is too complex to know everything accurately and completely, we each have a unique subset of knowledge and are wrong about something. So a diversity of people with radically different perspectives and backgrounds leads to less-wrong collective conclusions.

So the long answer is I like a diversity of views, not just journalists. It’s not anti-journalists, just anti “only journalists”.

And I like those who owned and used a product perspective, as you find out more.

Hence: community matters.

Particularly so for Anker where ultimately you’re seeking to sell products for money, you’ll sell more, be more successful with better products, which comes from feedback, and earlier feedback accelerates products improvement.

So combining early engagement with a community means a win-win.

Hopefully that better explains a “only journalists?” view. It’s not a bias, it’s the opposite of bias.

1 Like

Ugh… caught the replay of the live event… while glad to see innovation, this did not have the polish of a well put together event, imho. ~35 min delay to start, and an uncomfortable pair doing the intro… :roll_eyes:

Data shown on slides conflicted with speaker on occasion. 10-24w range on solar input vs. spoken 12-24w range…. up to 98% plastic elimination… yet stated as definitive 98% on lib 4 NC…. alas, picking on the niggly things… stopped watching after the mars 3 spot…

Will be interesting to see how the solar wall launches… op range seems ok, -20C to 55C

Good to see @SoundcoreAdam again!

3 Likes

I’m tolerant of live human error - none perfect.

I’m less tolerant of bad engineering. Another thread to be created with more photos…

1 Like

Those who do engineering are normally human beings.
I don’t think that engineering is done by AI meanwhile.:grin:

2 Likes

Now products announced, I’ve put my thoughts and suggestions here

1 Like

I’ve seen so many terrible live streams from other brands the uncomfortableness of the pair didn’t even register. Everything I had seen said it was supposed to start at 7PM EST, so it was only around 15 minutes late; however starting the livestream early at 6:45 didn’t help.

Yeah, there were several slip-ups, but those happen, we are human after all.

One recommendation: I would suggest that Anker have an actual Anker employee give the intro and outtros instead of an actor; not that the gentleman is bad, but people on the livestream were confused about who that person was.

1 Like