Anker Powerline III USB to Lightning Review

Here’s my review and opinions of the new Anker Powerline III USB to Lightning cable.

I also have a Powerline II (PL II) and the OEM Apple cable for comparison purposes.

Packaging-

Pretty fuss free here. A simple recyclable card box with the Apple logo displayed indicating MFi certification and two small information sheets.

You get the Anker Velcro strip which helps with storage.

One thing to note is the back of the box states an 18 warranty, the Anker site shows this product as having a lifetime warranty.

Impressions-

First a little bit of history…sorry!

I’ve been happy with the PL II but my only problem is it’s not that flexible compared to Apples standard cable. It doesn’t “coil” that well. So on the desk and in the car the lead wants to extend out rather than to sit in a neat coil.

The PL III was noticeably softer on opening, not as soft as Apple but more pliable than PL II. Big smiley face for that :smiley:

The plugs at each end of the PL III has a grooved finish and are slightly larger than the PL II.

It looks nicer and gives better grip - great if you’re overreaching to plug into your Powerport.

Comparisons-

PL II & III are worlds apart from the Apple cable - both in quality and price.

So forgetting the Apple cable…

Both cables are the same thickness - 3mm.

PL III has grooved and larger plugs - easier to grip and looks a bit nicer.

Flexibility - the PL III has it here so it coils and tidies a bit better which was my only problem with the PL II.

The PL III will bend more, it’s been tested to 25000 bends compared to 12000 with the PL II.

Technically there are a few differences visit https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerline-iii-lightning-cable3-ft/A8812021to read more about this, there no point listing that stuff here.

In use-

Plug the USB end into your charger/computer etc and the other end into your device and, well, it just works!

In conclusion it’s a great cable in terms of cost and quality, especially compared to Apples own branded offering.

If you have PL II there’s no need to upgrade. But if you’re looking for a new USB to Lightning cable I can whole heartedly recommend this cable

Purchasing and information-

In the UK you’ll find Anker products listed on Amazon.co.uk

For information about this and other Anker products visit https://www.anker.com

8 Likes

Tremendous review, comparisons and photos. :clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Excellent review with comparisons & photos @paulstevenewing

1 Like

Yes, great review and comparison photos!

1 Like

Great review! Keep it up!

1 Like

Perfect, Paul.
Comparing those cables helps a lot.
Good made photos also.

1 Like

Guys, thanks for your feedback :+1:t2:
I’ve posted links as per the pic, FB, Twitter and Instagram along with the review on the Anker community.
Is that everything I need to do?

1 Like

Nice review. Just mention what device (iphone #/ipad) you used next time.

1 Like

great review! and nice photos !

1 Like

Great review !

1 Like

Nice review! I like the comparison of the different cables.

1 Like

Great review and pics. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great review and comparison pictures!

1 Like

Nice review and comparison :+1:

Great job :clap:

1 Like

Guys! Quick question.
Does @AnkerOfficial confirm once reviews have been authorised/qualified?
I’ve uploaded links to my reviews as well as this review here but didn’t know if there was some kind of official acknowledgement.
Cheers.

Your review is published on the testing page which Implies it’s approved!

2 Likes

Ah, I see! Thanks @Shenoy
I never scrolled down that far.

1 Like

Nice review, like the comparison photos. I need a cable for my new iPad and this looks like the one to get.

1 Like

100%, you won’t regret it :+1:t2: