Anker Powerconf - New firmware update - v26.48

Anker PowerConf has a new firmware 26.47 along with the new Soundcore App, some good, some not so!

Now there is option for Single Person Mode & Multi Person Mode, mostly for noise cancellation and how the audio is processed, along with the Volume Up / Down and Mute options on the main page.

Modes perform as follows:

• Single-Person Mode(with stronger full- Duplex)
  • Multi-Person Mode (with stronger voice-picking ability for Microphones)

In the settings, added are Voice Prompts , Indicator Lights, Auto Power Off for 5/10/30/60 minutes. Thought the auto-power off does not work while on the USB-C connected mode - it is on Stand-by

Indicator lights option does not seem to work, with this On or Off, light still show up while on the call / mute.

Voice Prompts - believe this is some new functionality being added, while testing could only hear the Soundcore default paring sound. Not sure if there is new feature for actual voice announcements for calls? (The Voice Prompt is the Square indicator, when you are making a call, if there is voice picked up, the square indicator will flash in blue)

Do try out these new functions.

UPDATE 05/27/2020:
Please note that Anker has just released a new firmware V26.48 which allows PowerConf connect other devices via Bluetooth and USB cable simultaneously.

I just updated my PowerConf and it seems to be supporting MultiPoint functionality - able to route audio from PC as well as iPhone, one at a time though, but works.

Earlier the Audio from phone via BT was not available while PowerConf was connected to PC… great improvement… though need to see how this works out!

7 Likes

Nice one @Shenoy
Ill give mine a look tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks :pray: I used this to turn off the sound when you turn the device on:off

1 Like

Great job keeping people up to date @Shenoy

1 Like

Cool updates :+1:

1 Like

Have added updates on Modes and Voice Prompt on the main thread.

Just updated mine. Nice options.

1 Like

Hey guys.
My PowerConf has been updated but the app hasn’t, there doesn’t appear to be an upgrade for it either.
So no new features or control over the PowerConf.
Any ideas? Was this just a US roll out?

1 Like

@paulstevenewing what is your firmware version?

There are 2 updates : 1. Soundcore App 2. PowerConf firmware

Soundcore App updates from App store may be based on the App store region selection (i think so)

if that is the case US & UK/DE may have different versions for Soundcore app (please don’t quote me on this, this is my assumption), even with the Latest Firmware on powerconf, and older Soundcore App, you wouldnt see the new features.

• Latest PowerConf Firmware Version in 26.47.
  • Latest Soundcore App version is v2.0.7

also, found a bug I think with the new firmware. Mute option no longer works on third party conference solutions… i can bet i was able to mute meetings before the firmware update.

1 Like

Hey @Shenoy
The firmware is 26.47 and says it’s up to date.
But looking at the recent Soundcore email it suggests 27.47

My app version is 2.0.1, the email didn’t suggest a version.
I think I’ll try and delete the app and re-install.

Looking at Playstore the download is showing version 2.0.5, So not sure why it didn’t ask me to update - maybe this is my punishment for gong Android :rofl:

There is a whole lot of differences (improvements) between v2.0.1 and 2.0.7… so you should definitely try an update on Soundcore app from AppStore. Best of luck, and let us know if it updates :+1:

1 Like

Boom, im there!
But only seems to be 2.0.5 on the playstore.

1 Like

Ouch… my bad, I still thought you used Apple and missed the fact you moved to Samsung

seems to be there is a difference on version - Apple Appstore Vs Google Play Store

But Powerconf has the options as you see… plus more in the setting for indicators, voice prompts, auto power-off

1 Like

Looks a decent upgrade if I’m honest. Definitely adds to the product :+1:t2:

1 Like

Update:

Please note that Anker has just released a new firmware V26.48 which allows PowerConf connect other devices via Bluetooth and USB cable simultaneously.

I just updated my PowerConf and it seems to be supporting MultiPoint functionality - able to route audio from PC as well as iPhone, one at a time though, but works.

Earlier the Audio from phone via BT was not available while PowerConf was connected to PC… great improvement… though need to see how this works out!

Will post my finding tomorrow

1 Like

Good news :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Help! Installed new firmware. Now PowerConf is exhibiting behavior not seen before.
White light circling LED bar and very low beeping noise at same time. Finally just shut off unit yesterday. There is nothing in manual, Aker site or Soundcore app that describes meaning of this behavior. Is this simply new low charge signal?..

@JAKEZOE How are you connecting PowerConf to device – USB-C Cable OR over Bluetooth? I have seen this behavior earlier - but can confirm once you answer my question above.

Make sure you have fully charged the Anker PowerConf and then try to see if this happens again.

Do let us know.

Also drop a note to Anker Support support@anker.com for this issue / observation.

Hey just wondering is there any way without the app to know which mode the speaker is in or change it? Like an indicator for single user mode vs multi user mode? I mostly only use this with my computer, I don’t know if I will like connecting to my phone just to change the user mode or check it and then reconnect it to the computer for conference call takes too long. Is there a windows 10 app?

PowerConf will continue in the default mode as it came out of manufacturing, without any affinity for Single Mode or Multi-Person mode.

As of now, there is no way to change the mode unless you connect the PowerConf to Soundcore App. No Windows app developed (at least I have not heard, sure there is none)

You may connect the Soundcore App once only for the firmware upgrade and change the mode and may be on time yoj may connect and then never connect it again.

Also you may pair it with the PC or phone at a time, Soundcore App is just complimenting the hardware.

Is there any reason you don’t want to use / connect the Soundcore App?