Anker has officially acknowledged Amazons new policy

"We would like to inform you of some changes to our Power User Program:

Regarding Amazon’s new rules

We comply with Amazon regulations against incentivized reviews. We do not require you to write a product review on Amazon, and whether or not you decide to do so will have no impact on your eligibility for product samples.

To prevent Amazon from blocking your account, or prohibiting you from writing reviews in the future, please don’t includes words like “free product in exchange for review” if you choose to write an Amazon review.

How to share your experience

For the sample you are testing or will receive to test in the future, we expect you to post your product experience online. Whether it’s a social media post, YouTube review, forum contribution, or a detailed side by side comparison, we hope that sharing your experience will help other customers make more informed decisions and enhance Anker’s visibility.

Tell us about your experience

Please be aware that submitting your review link on the Anker Power User page is unnecessary. Instead, when your review is finished, please email your review link to marketing@anker.com, and we’ll update your status accordingly. We are currently in the process of upgrading our page and you will be able to submit your review link on our website soon.

Experienced a problem with your sample product?

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our products, please get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. We are always excited to work with our customers toward improving our products.

Thanks for your understanding and support!

Best regards.
Rosa"

What are your guys thoughts on this now that it has been officially acknowledged by Anker? Are some of you willing to risk a possible ban from Amazon for Anker products still? I am in no way trying to scare anyone I’m just curious on what your feelings are on this entire matter.

6 Likes

Are you in USA or UK or elsewhere?

I am in the United States therfore thise new Amazon policy pertains to me and other fellow US Anker reviewers.

I think regardless of whether it’s UK or US, you can still review on Amazon, but now you don’t have to include that warning I was given a sample for review etc. You can just mearly give a review for a product, like you can, even if you have bought from another retailer online or in person. Your reviewing the product, not your Amazon buying experience.

Will this give less weight to your reviews? Maybe. Then again seeming that Anker products (at least for UK) seem to be sold only via Amazon, you will still generate possible helpful reviews from prospective buyers. Kind of a win/win situation.

Perhaps now going forward with the community, Anker could create a new review section for members to post (or re post) their reviews to help users make informed choices before purchasing via Amazon.

2 Likes

As ndalby said I really hope Anker does create a review selection now they are expanding their website so power users have a place to post their reviews of the product and more accessible for others to see. But as for now power users just have to be a bit more creative on finding a place to share their experience.

1 Like

Why is Anker slow to given its users the ability to review directly thru their site?

2 Likes

I think it’s more to do with reaching a wider customer base. Reviews and sales through Amazon (and I think they also use Ali Express) from the get go opens a wide door to global customers who may not even be in the market for an Anker products from the start. Doing sales and reviews via there own website from the beginning would have then relied purely on word of mouth and web searches to get where they are today.

Smart move on Anker’s part, go where there is already a large customer base to entice! Worked for me anyhow…

1 Like

Save the awesome answers for someone else already!

I think this is a step backwards for all parties, certainly makes me uncomfortable. This is not to say you should discourage reviews on amazon about free or discounted merchandise, I do not think this is the effect Amazon hoping or looking for. Have you checked to be sure you can even make that statement with the all mighty A?

1 Like

It wouldn’t stop me but to be honest I have left bad reviews for an Anker product as well as good ones, no bias for any reason although I have bought less of their products after one of my last purchases. All from Amazon I may add.

It has always been the case the you can review products on Amazon that you have bought else where. So I don’t really see the problem, unless you are being biased in your review.

3 Likes

I have received this notice. and now I understand why Amazon in my last review has been deleted and blocked to do it again

I never mention in my reviews how I purchased or got the product, so that’s not an issue for me. Obviously if you’re a power user Amazon can figure it out with the promo code you used that discounts the item. I think as long as you don’t go overly biased it’ll be fine.

I used to write 'received product at a discounted price in return for honest review '.So from now on anything like this might lead to account block.am i right?

If on Amazon US, then yes, there is a very good chance. On Amazon UK no rule changes have been enforced at present. But as mentioned in the first post, Anker no longer require you to specify that you received the item at a sample or discounted price. You are solely giving (an honest I hope) review of the item to assist Amazon customers on making an informed decision, procurement of the item should not really be the readers concern.

Amazon is a strange animal but it’s their site, their rules. I’m sitting here trying to type what I think about it but finding myself deleting it and starting over, I honestly can’t explain their reasoning! But I’d definitely review any product I now receive from Anker or other 3rd parties over YouTube, ultimately I feel that pictures and videos are worth a thousand words. A lot of the time, I’ve gotten much more response from like-minded users when I post a review on YouTube. When they find a product online, if they want to know what others think of it, they’ll search through the engines to find the answers. If I get banned from Amazon, then I get banned from Amazon. It’ll be one less customer for them, and it won’t matter because someone else will take my place. Amazon doesn’t want 3rd parties doing discounts and free products for reviews, they want everyone to go strictly through Amazon’s program, and even then your company’s products are chosen for their Vine program, from what I’ve heard. When I get a product for free, I make sure to be as honest and thorough as possible. If my product was damaged in transit, I’m going to post pictures. If the product blows over in the wind, I’m going to post that. If it blew up, I’ll say that too. Most products I’ve ever bought have had a positive experience, all but one: a water sprinkler. This sprinkler was just the WORST. They said it would cover so much feet in radius, but when I set up the sprinklers and turned on my water, it was awful. I had to post a 1 star review, and one of the only products I’ve had to rate that low. Another would have to be one of those grass seed products that claimed they can grow without water or preparation. The company tried to give me ideas to make their product work better next time, but, by the time I moved on to another grass seed, those holes were filled and I was happy.

Anyway, good on Anker to be aware of it, and continue to give us ways to review their products, and since Amazon and Anker aren’t connected, I have no problem reviewing their products on other sites including Amazon.

Yo seguiré haciendo las reviews, al igual que las sigo haciendo con otras tiendas aun.

I’ll keep doing the reviews, just like I keep doing with other stores yet.

Anyone actually getting the opportunity to review? I haven’t seen any products to review in over a month. Usually I can at least see products that have already been claimed.

1 Like

Im sure in January it will start up again. As unsual as it is it always slows down for the holidays in anticipation of releasing “new” products in the new year.

1 Like