Anker Auction House | Soundcore Icon Mini

In Canada, healthcare is covered by the government?

Facts? I love facts. I can proved wrong very quickly, it is far more efficient than waffle. Looking forward to being proved wrong.

Yes. As it is in most European countries.

1 Like

I know you’re in education

Facts come hard, opinions come easy.

I was making the argument for a broad liberal arts education to someone the other day. They said, essentially, “why should I go to a college that makes me read and learn history - I just want to know how to do a trade like electrician or something so I can make money - everything else is a waste of money that I won’t use.”

My response was essentially that Truman quote verbatim.

Also, facts can and are misused and abused. We not only need to get hard facts, but learn how to apply them effectively within a logical framework while being open to accepting that, given a common set of facts, we ourselves might have come the an erroneous conclusion. I think that’s the hardest part, and where political dialogue is breaking down these days (at least in the US)

So basically you still pay for it, since you have to pay taxes. I see no benefit

So you mean learn critical thinking.

If you learn science, it implicitly teaches history. The part when proved it wrong in the past step.

@professor’s graph above does a good job of demonstrating what happens when you have private health insurance companies vs a public system. The profit comes to private insurers by keeping you from getting healthcare, so they cook up ways to keep you from going to the doctor (in and out of network, pre existing conditions, coverage denials, etc) so overall outcomes are worse. We pay a LOT more for WORSE care than countries that have public systems.

The more important benefit, for someone like me, is that I would be free to leave my job without losing my healthcare if I wanted to take a risk on creating a company that might create more jobs for other people. Then they would all be covered too, so I could hire people without having to pay for their healthcare as well as their wage.

So - better care for less money and more freedom for Americans that want to create jobs.:flag_us:

1 Like

@professor loves his facts so much

1 Like

No.

The % of GDP per capita of paying through taxation is about half the money of paying personally. And a consumer model means you buy what you want, not what you need, which is why USA life expectency is lower. Please go skeptically check all my facts and I’d love being proved wrong.

So USA life expectency is lower

but the costs are higher

As to the reasons why,… well not the forum for that!

1 Like

Back to bidding…

I bid 1490

7 Likes

That first graph is oddly satisfying to look at

1 Like

:laughing: I thought the same thing. Lately I’ve been seeing people use tableau to make beautiful graphics like that. I’ve been nerdily thinking about buying a license just so i can make the graphcis I want.

2 Likes

I nice graph is oddly satisfying though. I had to give a presentation and animated the graph to appear throughout my presentation and was lowkey proud

2 Likes

I suppose you are a lot outside in your job, so you need one.! :wink:

1 Like

I had to get my early bid in before things got way out of my league :laughing:

Luckily I’ve already got an icon mini.

1 Like

I bid 1500 powerbuckys

1 Like

to many bidddddddds

Thats what i meant. :grin:
The “very old crew” should have the “younger crew” let fun here.
No greed! :wink:

1 Like

It’s looking like a four horse race here :grin:

2 Likes