Anker 18W USB-C Charger does NOT charge new 10000PD Powerbank

Recently received the new 10000PD powerbank as a gift and bought anker’s 18W USB-C PD wall charger for it. To my surprise it didn’t charge the power bank! The lights on the power bank were flashing but not in the usual way. Instead of just one dot blinking (the next 25% being charged), two dots would light up one at a time and then both go away back and forth. After 4 hours it was still the same, no added charge. After switching the wall charger to my 61W Apple charger the bank started charging normally (one dot blinking at a time). The power banks input is rated for 18W max input. Anyone know why anker’s 18W charger didn’t get the job done?

2 Likes

No, very strange. Check the instruction manual for two dots blinking, and then contact Anker directly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a bad cable to me but I’m sure you tested other type c to type c cables so it might be the charger. Let’s us know what the problem was once you talk to Anker and figure it out.

1 Like

When you went to charge it did you press the button before plugging it in to charge? Because if you did that would prevent it from charging as the button turns it from power input to power output and it would essentially try to output power to the charger which obviously it can’t do.

Give the batterypack a reset if you have a USB-A to USB-C cable and plug each end into the appropriate port, basically looping the pack back into itself for 10 seconds. Then try to charge it again and do not press the button when doing so. Also try using a different cable

2 Likes

Used the usb-c cable the battery came with on each wall charger (the Anker 18W and Apple 61W) did not press the button before charging and double checked to make sure that it wasn’t the cable either by using different usb-c cables, same outcome. I do not own a USB-A to USB-C cable so resetting the battery isn’t an option.

1 Like

Unrelated to the issue, I did happen to find out that the power bank will charge my 2017 MacBook Pro which is a huge bonus! Props to Anker :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have both, just got my 10000PD yesterday and I have Anker’s 18W PD Wall Plug, I literally just finished charging it and I’ve used 3 different cables AND an adapter. So either you are doing something wrong, which is hard to believe, or you got a faulty Powerbank. In the future, I recommend emailing support@anker.com with your issue instead of posting it here. Yea we will comment, but they will FIX it. Good luck keep us informed

Nothing in the Manuel for that pattern, going to contact Anker in the near future or just return the wall charger for a 30W Anker one

1 Like

yea I am going to post an offical review after I have used it enough, but it IS a monster as far as power output, and normally, input as mine charged from 1 dot to full in 2 hrs or so

Just some images of the issue:

As you can see the Apple charger works no prob and fully charged the battery in like 2 or 3 hours

1 Like

And the 18W Anker wall charger charges my MacBook too :joy:

1 Like

So it doesn’t even need to be charged with 18w PD right?, I was just charging mine with the PD1 it has one regular USB and one PD port, and I had 2 devices plugged into it, so I wasn’t actually getting 18w, just proving my original statement So IMO it’s clearly a fault in the battery pack, quit wasting time talking to us and email support@anker.com ASAP they will fix it, even if that means replacing it.

1 Like

Yep, this seems like the best solution.

Already emailed them, just though it would be an interesting thing to share at this point :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Please do not discourage anyone from participating in the community.

@nbtaylor let us know the outcome and rock on​:metal::slight_smile::metal:

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem as you are, sort of. I have the 10000PD and the Pd 18w wall charger you have. I have the same style blinking lights, but only when I charge it through C-C. I have an A-C that works fine in that outlet. I have a power strip with a c port that works. 2 C ports in the car. They work. Just not C-C from the wall outlet. I’ve read this thread and I’ve done everything. Nothing works. I’m stumped. I forget to merion I used the wall charger to charge my iPhone with the new c cable and it works fine. The cable I am using to try to charge the power bank is a Anker’s C thunderbolt. So it can handle the Power. I know it can because I plug the same one into my power strip port and it charges. Also, I’d have to check, but it’s in my car and I’m about to go to bed, but I’m pretty sure the charger and cable work fine with my 10000 lite that has C in. Sooo weird. @AnkerOfficial can you help?? @nbtaylor any change for you? Anyone have an idea why it does this?

1 Like

Interesting to hear this happened to someone else! After contacting Anker they had me return the 18W charger and instead I bought the powerport II PD with 30W usb-c output. Regarding the Powerbank being the issue Anker has said since it is a new Powerbank it hasn’t had a lot of testing from users so when I mentioned the above issue they said they would be conducting more tests but they believe the 18W charger to have been the issue. The Powerbank has continued to work fine with any other wall charger I use so I guess they are correct. Good thing Anker products have an 18 month warrenty in case any other issues arise down the road.

Well technically it can’t be the wall charger, not totally anyway. When I charge it with A 3.1- C it works. But if I use any combo of C-C it doesn’t. But it does charge my 1000 Lite. It’s so confusing and disappointing. I bought that wall charger anticipating the c cable for iPhone and that was the best one at the time with only 2 ports. I don’t need a 5 port +C because I already have a 4 port wall charger. So it made sense at the time. I am quite disappointed but not totally because it does work, but just not to it’s max aka how it’s supposed to. I’m assuming you emailed support? If so they said the option was to return the one you have, get a refund and then have to buy a slightly more expensive one?

FYI Anker does a full refund no questions asked for 30 days, thereafter you have to offer up evidence the unit is disfunctional.

1 Like

Yea I know, but like I said I bought it in anticipation of getting the 10000PD and the Apple C cable. I sent them an email, if needed I can send them the same video that is in this post. Mine does exactly the same thing and it’s really disappointing.