Amazon Live | Be an Anker Engineer

Can’t wait to see some of the ideas that they showcase. I have to see if I get reception from my phone because I’ll camping :tent: . If not, I will have to catch the recording.

1 Like

Super exited! This ought to be fun!

Very interesting and I like the quick response to the ideas. I may not be able to join but I believe somebody will post them here on the forum.

Oh man I forgot about this!!
Well I’ll tune in just to see what our fellow community members came up with

I can’t wait to see what ideas people have come up with. Hopefully people will still share their ideas even if they aren’t picked. Maybe these products will become real in the future

@ktkundy congrats on being mentioned. Apparently everyone is a “he” now.

Thanks @AP_Gotzon

4 Likes

Yay my flashlight was the first product shown.

4 Likes

Congrats @Tank we chose the number 7 which was your idea :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks and yeah I guess everyone is a “he” now :joy:! I hope others will share their ideas on here still even if they weren’t chosen because I’m honestly so curious to see what others came up with!

3 Likes

I thought ktkundy is a he! Apologies if I got that wrong. Definitely don’t be hesitant to correct me if I forgot the right pronouns! I try to use “they” if I feel like I don’t remember from a previous chat or haven’t met the person before.

Glad you had fun on the show!

2 Likes

I am a “me”! :rofl:

1 Like

How did Tank become Tanktak? Typo? I wasn’t sure if the real Tank.

Odd the viewers were > 160 then dropped < 50.

There is only one “Tank” here.
Our friend Rob! :smile:

1 Like

Believe it’s @Tank Twitter username

Congrats on the mentions @Momo_Bobo @Tank @ktkundy @chrisjwaggoner

2 Likes

PowerPort III Nano deal appears to be dead.

1 Like

Correct and now I look I see @AP_Gotzon included a one week old offer.

I edited the image away, thanks for highlighting.

1 Like

Well as @ktkundy was on and not correcting then implicitly it was not an issue to the person that matters. I was more thinking it seems to be the default gender of geeky people to be male.

As to feedback on this idea of ask an engineer and idea. I really enjoy it personally.

I like to see diversity of ideas, someone out there has the next big idea and they don’t know it, and so asking gets it tickled out of their imagination.

I’d also like to see why it is a good ideaa, why it is a bad idea, how challenging it would be.

So Rob’s (@Tank) idea I was thinking when it came up:

• yes flexible solar panels do exist, so it’s viable today
  • yes a roll-out, pull-out solar panel does solve the issue of you do need a lot of solar panel to make a useful energy source, possibly better than folding out rigid panels do currently.
  • weight, size issues, the flashlight necessarily is thicker.
  • the times of year flashlights used most (winter) conflicts with the time of the year solar is best (summer) so there is an inherent conflict.
  • would like to see it made and tested.

The modular idea:

• it has been tried before, it didn’t work due to reliability issues at the connections.
  • I was wondering if any technology change had occured recently to make this idea revisited work better next time.

@ktkundy idea, I was thinking

• looks a neat idea, solves laptop being hot with newer laptops getting fewer ports and more dongles needed.
  • I was wondering if the heat could be turned to someone useful, say in winter the heat could be transferred to something… (cup drink warmer) ?

Combo battery +flashlight

• Anker did used to make combo battery+light in the past, in fact I think most of them were once
  • in the past they were feeble emergency lights
  • issue with most flashlights currently for camping is it makes a blindspot in your vision in exactly the wrong place so a spread out diffuse light protects night vision better, so I was thinking yes a diffuse has merits camping.

The wide wireless pad:

• these products exist now
  • Anker has two rings in the stand pads to handle phone portrait + landscape.
  • other vendors have two or three rings offset from each other.
  • the technical challenge is allowing both a fuzzy location and multiple devices, as the Qi standard doesn’t allow both concurrently. So this idea probably fails Qi compliance.

Solar fan powerbank;

• pondering
  • I can see reasons its a bad idea, as in general you’d be shielding yourself from sun when hot so you aren’t under the sun, so not near the fan. If I’m moving I’m making my own breeze, if I’m stationary I’m seeking the shadiest spot I can find so not in sun for this to be powered.
  • I was thinking a USB rechargeable fan would be a viable Anker product to make, and then have it recharged via solar panel , so you could go walking leaving solar + rechargeable fan out charging, then return and use the fan when sat down?
  • so Anker make a rechargeable batter fan?

Smartwallet:

• I thought a bad idea
  • wallets are in pockets
  • pockets don’t like weight
  • you’d not put the weight of a battery in your pocket
  • if became real, people would not like its weight.

Smart sunglasses

• these exist now. e.g. Bose
  • bone conductance behind the ears so you can hear without others hearing
  • camera at front
  • these have become socially unpopular, people don’t like being photo’d without them knowing. People with smartglasses are asked to take them off.
  • I am often out biking with eye covering to keep debris out of eyes (insects mostly) and I am sometimes listening to phone directions, so I did buy some smart glasses and immediately disliked, they were unworkable for me, gave them away to someone else to try.
1 Like

Flashlight Solar Charger

• It certainly is an interesting concept
  • I don’t see myself using it
  • no further comment

Modular Battery

• a lot of wasted space between battery’s because of the plastic/rubber/connectors
  • I don’t see how this is better then having one large (20000mAh) and one small (<10000mAh) battery packs.

Laptop cooler and port hub

• many coolers exist like this, but I’ve never seen one with the ports functionality
  • I really like the idea of an all-in-one laptop hub
  • I don’t like the idea of thunderbolt since it limits those who can use it, and skyrockets the price
  • integration of more all-in-one features would also be awesome

Battery + Flashlight combo

• this is already been done plenty of times
  • The exact product idea seems to be a pure rip of the “LitMobile” (which is a drop shipped AliExpress product)

Wireless charging pad

• already exists from both anker, and other brands

Solar fan powerbank

• I don’t get it

Smart wallet

• seems very gimmicky
  • small cells with low capacity are necessary
  • wireless charging reduces the capacity even further (high energy loss)

Smart sunglasses

• I like the idea overall
  • apple us trying to fix the the camera privacy issues by using LiDar instead
  • I would be more likely to buy a set from Apple due to closer software integrations (or an android phone company)

2/8 ideas incorporated solar. I think Anker chose these on purpose. They are probably working on a wider range of solar products.

1 Like

all ideas are fantastic! :clap::clap::clap: