3D Printing Anker Add-ons!

Wow, this is dirt cheap for a 3D printer. Do they really work?

There are so many around, I have seen.
As this 3D-Printing is ā€œen vougeā€.
You need to do a very deep investigation before acquiring one.
A lot of rubbish around, regarding the reviews I was reading at AMAZON.de
Too bad ANKER doesnā€™t offer one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

May be Anker will make one

Again this is an instance where itā€™s best left to others. Reviews for this are mixed but a lot have said itā€™s great and the Ines who have issues I feel may be user error from those who do not understand what they need to do to prepare and print stuff

3 Likes

This looks awesome :thumbsup:

I think Anker should make a 3D printer or at least a 3D printing pen sure not as great but still gets their foot in the door

Bet the pricing is tempting. If the reviews are mostly positive. Iā€™d say go for it

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great price, specially for the dimensions you get. Have you done any research regarding other customer experience with this printer?

1 Like

OMG this is soooooo awesome!

1 Like

I love this kind of projects.
I donā€™t own a 3d printer myself just yet but everytime I have a project in mind I send my files to an Ebay 3d printing service and they delivery it to me (my last 3d project was 3d printing a motherboard cover plate).

2 Likes

Several people o. Thingi[quote=ā€œTank, post:84, topic:66788, full:trueā€]
Again this is an instance where itā€™s best left to others. Reviews for this are mixed but a lot have said itā€™s great and the Ines who have issues I feel may be user error from those who do not understand what they need to do to prepare and print stuff
[/quote]

I have seen . few people on thingiverse that use this model. Thatā€™s the thing about reviews - some people get a 3d printer with no experience and think they are just going to start churning out whatever they want :laughing:

I think this sort of thing is best thought of as a hobby - like, Iā€™m going to learn 3d printing for its own sake, and maybe Iā€™ll make some cool / useful stuff while Iā€™m at it. If you think of it as a ā€œwill I get my money back from my printerā€ youā€™re bound to be disappointed. BUT, if you think of it as ā€œthis is a cool toy and Iā€™m going to learn some things from itā€ then youā€™re definitely going to be satisfied!

But back to the printer - II have not used that model, but there are people out there making it work. Like anything, if you take good care of it youā€™ll probably be able to get a good life out of it.

1 Like

exactly, everything works if you take the time to learn and the effort to maintain it. I was about to order the pro model, but gonna have to hold off for the time being. Im still missing my Vermont tax return and I donā€™t want to be left in the hole if an emergency comes up and i donā€™t have any cash on hand. so for now our Micro3D printer will have to be sufficient

1 Like

So right about now I really would like a mint for my powerport 5. I would love to screw it onto the back of a wooden box I use :joy:

Can you send the link to the service you use? Iā€™m interestedā€¦

You can always contract a 3D business online. Try these guys out. I am looking at using them for that phone/watch holder.

Shapeways.com Link

3 Likes

How much do you think it would cost to print this?

Thatā€™s 37g of plastic, so if you use this type of filament, the plastic would cost $1.92.

But if I had a service so it for me, how much would it cost?

Thanks for the link

Hey @Tank and anyone else thinking about a 3D printer - check out the Amazon US deal today:

2 Likes