Hey eufyCam fans,
Our product managers have summarized the 10 key issues the Kickstarter eufyCam users have reported. We appreciate all of your feedback and questions, and will address these issues below. We will keep this topic updated, and feel free to let us know what other issues or feedback you have by leaving comments and questions below.
1. Why is the Wi-Fi coverage area so small?
- This is a top-priority issue and we’re working on a solution to improve the wireless performance, in addition to adding a range extender.
- Wireless performance optimization includes a wireless driver update and communication protocol improvement. We expect to release them late December 2018 or early January 2019.
- The range extender is in the hardware prototype stage and we are working hard to make it available in Q1 of 2019.
2. Why do I sometimes receive notifications and sometimes do not?
- The user can adjust several settings to mute notifications:
Enable/disable Motion Detection.
Enabled/disable eufyCam to push notifications when the motion sensor is triggered in certain modes.
- Some Android devices might close the EufySecurity app when the phone is in power-saving mode, resulting in notifications from the system not being received by the user. We’re exploring solutions to make the EufySecurity app work better in any scenario, and will release a new version soon. Please stay tuned.
3. Why does HomeBase fail to install?
Make sure your smartphone and HomeBase are connected to the same wireless router, and the Wi-Fi is not isolated from the LAN.
Some houses have 2 network devices, for example one is the ISP provided Internet gateway/modem and the other is a router purchased separately. During setup, make sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi router that HomeBase is connected to.
Your phone should not be connected to the Guest Wi-Fi network. The LAN port is not dedicated for a set-top-box.
HomeBase might take up to one minute to boot up. Please wait until its LED changes from red to white.
Make sure to press and hold the SYNC button located on top of HomeBase until you hear “HomeBase is ready for setup”.
4. Why does the EufySecurity app indicate a microSD card error or no microSD card is found?
The latest firmware has improved the microSD card software.
Please make sure your system is on the latest software, reboot HomeBase and retry.
To reboot HomeBase, press the Cycle button on the back of HomeBase; HomeBase will reboot right away.
5. Why do I receive so many false alarms?
In some cases, if the motion sensor’s sensitivity is set too high, the camera will detect events outside of your property, resulting in excessive false alarms. To avoid this, you should lower the motion sensor’s sensitivity level.
You can use the Test Mode feature in Motion Detection to set the sensitivity level by standing at the desired detection boundary and trying out the sensitivity.
6. Why does the camera LED remain on after charging for a long time?
This is a bug we recently verified. We’ve fixed it and will release a new version in the next 2 weeks.
7. Why does the system display the incorrect time?
This is a bug we recently verified. We’ve fixed it and will release a new version within the next 2 weeks.
8. Why are some camera settings not saved?
The current version of the EufySecurity app cannot save the Camera Off or Night Vision settings.
To switch off the eufyCam, you can disable Motion Detection temporarily so that the camera will not detect or record events.
To switch Night Vision off, you can disable Night Vision via the live-streaming toolbar.
These are bugs we recently verified and will release a new version within the next 2 weeks.
9. Why doesn’t the sensor refresh its status automatically?
We’re exploring solutions on how to make the sensor’s status update automatically.
For now though, you will need to drag down on the Device tab to refresh the sensor’s status.
10. Timeline of the 10 key features that will be added to eufyCam