The Charging Time Challenge | WIN PowerCore II

I could really use an updated portable charger. Nice challenge!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: you get it haha

:laughing::sunglasses:

Anybody receive a prize winner email yet?

Not here but I can imagine how many are entering so the odds are not the best…plus the charging time can be subjective based on external factors such as temperature etc so it gives a fair bit of scope of what times they are judging on :smile:

It is a lot like finding a particular grain of sand on the beach :laughing:

3 Likes

I originally thought this was community exclusive but I was wrong as it’s posted to twitter and possibly your Facebook page too… Haven’t been on Facebook in a while so not sure. But still you should really have a contest just for the community, legacy accounts not new accounts

5 Likes

It’s on Facebook as well, plus anyone on a newsletter via the website…like I said the odds won’t be the best…

It is a good idea but I think not really worth. Anker is still trying to establish a bigger community. So I think it will not happen for the next months and when it happens then are there too many so that we have not a chance.

But probably I would lose against you and some other community members

This one was simple, but depends on charging condition, it may change in 1 or 2 minutes.

1 Like

It’s my phone today so I’d better get it right :joy:

@Oggyboy Forgetting about this competition for a min, how long does it normally take you to charge your phone? :yum:

2 Likes

Hahaha @k_pug2003

Will there be a complete a conplete list of winners released ever on the forums like in the past with other competitions?

2 Likes

I’m assuming because winners will be notified via email they won’t release a list of winners. The only time they do is when winners are chosen and informed via the forum and they are tagged in the winning post

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial If you tell me that the OnePlus 5T is the phone for tomorrow. Then I would buy a PowerIQ 2.0 charger.

1 Like

Good luck to every one!!!

2 Likes

All phones out of date n old, the.moment you.open the box!

It is considered a Goliath killer, but that’s up to you n wat you want from your phone.

Only phone sales will tell you to def get a certain. Phone… But that’s just to get a sell.

1 Like

OnePlus use their own DASH charger that Anker doesn’t license to support, so it defaults to 10W when DASH is 20W.

DASH is also very efficient inside the phone as the DC-DC is all handled in the charger, so you get fast recharging when using the phone.

I hope OnePlus 6 in June is Power Delivery then can use Anker future PD’s charger.

My OnePlus 3T I keep the DASH charger at home and just keep a Powercore Fusion 5000 close by to keep phone charged.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I would like if all companies would have one type of fast charging. But of course, everyone is doing their own thing.

Vendors could converge around Power Delivery, it allows to micro-control the voltage and current so that it acts similar to Quickcharge and DASH, and then its just smart is the implementation. What this allows is to vary the input voltage to match the voltage recharge of internal battery which in general begins 3.6V and goes to 4.2V and vary the current which can go from say 20W down to a trickle. This means the DC-DC converstion inside the device is reduced so less heat and that heat then is in the charger external.

I don’t see a valid technical or commercial reason to not converge around USB-PD. Even Google and Apple are going that way.

However in the case of the Wireless pad you’re not going to travel with it, you’re going to keep a couple in common places you’re stationary, such as next to bed and on office desk, and you’re not going to be plugging in the cable often, so I can an argument to save a few cents with a MicroB for these specific products. But headphones, well, they need to be USB-C already because they’re too small for wireless and need charging daily and stabbing the non-reversible MicroB is as dumb as dumb can be.

i didnt receive one