Our First-Ever Docking Station is Here!

This one actually has better specs in certain random ways (like including displayport and hdmi outputs). It doesn’t have full USB-C PD though, with only 45W passthrough. And it isn’t TB3, and it looks a LOT odd to me. But less than half the price.

At this price, I actually expect two DisplayPort connections for the dock, not just HDMI. The dell dock I mentioned above has two displayport, an HDMI, and a USB-C WITH displayport. Your computer can’t actually drive all of those at once most likely, but the connection options are there.

1 Like

And so another example we all different.

I only want 1 HDMI, but I deem ethernet essential.

But there must be a more intelligent way of solving this, a modular design.

Maybe this is a better link:

2 Likes

This is the link I first posted, but the launch url insider provided seems to be the one Ankerofficial intended…

yes, we are different … different requirements … then again not everyone can be made happy :slight_smile:

the dock does not solve but complicates even further than the docking station I have for lenovo laptop … i can simply get a USB-C hub instead of a USB-C Splitter to HDMI…

Hope Anker creates a dock with more options (multiple HDMI ports, SSD, …)

I’m very excited for this. This will help immensely with my home office set up!

Good call @Shenoy @Insider @onstar so many responses and no issues raised…

Link updated until @AnkerOfficial can amend to the preferred option, launch or purchase…

1 Like

wow swiss army knife of ports

Thanks for updating it :+1:

And yes, this is the new link they’ve changed few hours ago

Thank you for bringing it up! You’ve noticed the change faster than I’ve been informed by our team lol :laughing:

3 Likes

It was a collective team effort by Anker community members :+1:

1 Like

wish it was more aesthetically pleasing/ minimalist

This is great, I can see where it has benefits but WOW it’s expensive. :money_mouth_face:

That’s a great looking dock and seems to have all the necessary ports. Would love to see an option to connect a second monitor (unless one of the USB-C ports can serve that function). Been having issues with my dock from another company that had a similar price, so may have to consider trying this one.

The USB-C next to the HDMI can be used for a monitor. In fact, you can connect three monitors if you get a USB-C to dual HDMI splitter.

Check out @Shenoy’s post #38 above:

Technical question. I think I already know the answer but can one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports in the rear downgrade itself to USB-C Gen 2? I ask this because of the image above shows three USB-C laptops.

I understand you can plug in any USB-C device in the front but will the PowerExpand Elite dock work with a USB-C Gen 2 host port on a computer? This is the dock I was waiting for but my PC doesn’t (and cannot) support Thunderbolt 3.

1 Like

Check this out!

Almost perfect. See my response in that thread.

1 Like

Amazing idea. Hefty pricetag :hushed:

Just had the email about this. Look great but £260 :open_mouth:

if it had cfexpress it would be a keeper