[New Release] PowerExpand 13-in-1 USB-C Dock

Unveiled at CES in January, Anker has just released PowerExpand 13-in-1 USB-C Dock… Take a look!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Huge Expansion: Equipped with an 85W laptop-charging USB-C port, an 18W Power Delivery USB-C port, a USB-C data port, 4 USB-A ports, 2 HDMI ports, a DisplayPort, an Ethernet port, SD/microSD card slots, a 3.5 mm AUX port, and a DC input.
  • Simultaneous Charging: Connect your laptop to the 85W USB-C port and connect your phone or other mobile device to the 18W Power Delivery USB-C port to get simultaneous high-speed charging.
  • Comprehensive Media Display: Simultaneously stream media to up to 3 monitors in 1080p@60Hz via the DisplayPort and dual HDMI ports.
  • What You Get: PowerExpand 13-in-1 USB-C Dock, a 135W power adapter, 1 m / 3 ft USB-C to USB-C cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerExpand 13-in-1 USB-C Dock is available to order now from amazon.com for $199.99 and should begin shipping on June 29.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s PowerExpand 13-in-1 USB-C Dock? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

3 Likes

This looks a better option, 2 HDMI ports!! Would like to see the price come down a bit more

Thanks for sharing @Insider

1 Like

I wonder if Anker stumbled upon a box of unreleased items :joy:

2 Likes

Just a single box? :laughing: :wink:

6 Likes

If the crates were blue, that would look like some of our stacks of Anker boxes :rofl:

1 Like

Lol they finally found the keys to the warehouse

1 Like

$100 less than the thunderbolt version. And a better selection of ports overall. But lower bandwidth for the whole collection, because it isn’t Thunderbolt.

My wishlist for ports on a big dock like this:
2 Video out - prefer two DisplayPort, or TB3/USB-C with displayport capabilities. HDMI as a second choice - DP can always be converted to HDMI with a passive adapter, it doesn’t go the other way.
2 thunderbolt or USB-C high speed data ports.
3 USB 3 ports.
1 Ethernet

So that is really only 8 ports. I can take or leave audio, USB or bluetooth headsets are fine. USB SD card readers are very cheap - and I find they are very rarely needed in this era of camera smartphones and high speed internet.

Neither of these docks have dual displayport outputs. Either one could work for me - DisplayPort for a 1440p@60Hz monitor, and HDMI for a second 1080p monitor on this one, or TB3-Displayport adapter + HDMI for the same on the TB3 version. This one ends up being a little better without a second adapter though.

1 Like

I had written in another thread, “perfection”, as it meets my needs.

But, I just saw the spec on the SD media card reader. I would prefer SD 4.0 spec (or UHS-II) at 300MB/sec than the 104MB/sec reader this dock has.

1 Like

Does a USB-A to UHS-II adapter exist?

Is that the scene from raiders of the lost ark?

does this support dual monitor output with a single USB C input? I’ve had some that claim they do, but it just mirrors the same image to both monitors.

1 Like

Yes, the closing scene…can’t beat a classic!

1 Like

Yes, a card reader from USB-A to UHS-II exists (Type C UHS-II readers as well). I have several but than you lose that “A” port in the front.

The dock is great except why did Anker fall back to UHS-I reader? Doesn’t make sense. Had it been UHS-II, I would have bought it already.

1 Like

I would have liked to have beta tested this early and mention to Anker to swap the UHS-I card reader for a UHS-II card reader, to take advantage of the 300MB/sec spec. Right now that reader sits at 100MB/sec.

1 Like