[New Release] PowerLine USB-C to DC is Now Available!

Professor posted this in another thread, but I believe B & E will be (not in any order):

8.0mm outer. 5.5mm inner.
7.4mm outer. 5mm inner.

Do you think Anker will add other adapters in the future? Such as 5.5mm outer 2.5mm inner.

1 Like

E is

B is

I’m just pasting @Insider own images

1 Like

The missing information in the top post was filled in hours later. My reply was in the early morning before the info was put up.

3 Likes

I added it thanks to you guys!

2 Likes

The web caches must be country local.

3 days later…

1 Like

The cable was shown at 4m50s in

You can see the end detaches.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention of detaching, had the question for it, for sometime. I missed the livestream yesterday, will try to catch up today.

1 Like

So some lucky person who has a socket type A and one of the others can use the cable on two different laptop types. Those adapters are probably dumb, no electronics as that’s in the thicker middle bit so would cost pennies to make, I’d suggest they sell one SKU with all the adaptors and cable to save money.

So as this shows

These differ only in one included a plug, same price therefore the plug is pennies therefore should bundle them all. There’s little point in buying the A type as its included in any of the others. We have two Lenovo laptops, one A and other C so might as well buy the C cable as then it can serve both. C cable not out yet in my country.

2 Likes

That’s the most logical option, hope Anker would follow the leads.

2 Likes

This, I thought they were gonna originally sell it as one cable and the adapters based on how they showed it. Hopefully they come to their senses and bundle it together

1 Like

…and merge with this idea?

So you don’t lose the end?

1 Like

Ok, hold up, so I just received mine for testing like 2 days ago, it did not come with the alt tips, which I think if we are testing a product we should be supplied all the parts that will be sold with it, otherwise it is not a comprehensive test. But it is very important to listen to @professor in his post about which Wall Charger to have. FYI the single port USB-C one, in black, is on sale at 38%(for me in us at least). Cheers!

3 Likes

So, for those who did not get to test the cable, Yes the end comes off and it is a nice fit (not loose at all), but as I discussed yesterday and most of you have commented about it here, this cable makes no sense. For example, I have an HP laptop that needs 45W and 19.5V to charge it. The cable that comes with it isn’t that big (cumbersome) and the middle brick is quite small also. So, my point is, why would we go buy this, then a compatible wall charger, which would be more devices/money and not saving any space or adding any portability, why wouldn’t I just continue to use my original Laptop charger. #Anker I pose this question to you.

2 Likes

I see this able useful only if your current laptop charger has gone faulty and you have a spare PowerPort. Or, and very rarely, your laptop charger is faulty and you can’t find a direct replacement.

If the cable came with all the plug end options it would make this more universally useful in a household or office environment.

3 Likes

It does make sense in some contexts.

But agree, just sell one SKU with all the adaptors.

I see all the comments and the consensus is the way it is packaged is the mistake. The cable makes sense as a backup, spare, complementary, but not one per laptop type.

It also beckons better USB dual socket chargers,. Phone+laptop.

I think the price is fair. £10.

2 Likes

Yes, “In some context” like a free testing event, sure it makes sense lol. No, seriously though, I can see where it could be useful by itself, but when you advertise it as coming with adapters, it should. It DOES say it does not come with a wall charger so I’m ok with that, for the test, but even the little paper that says “what comes in the box” shows the adapters…I know my “problem” is slightly different than the topic, but I do agree that it should come with a wall charger or that the price reflects the need for most to also have to buy a wall charger.

1 Like

I enjoy the debate.

Part thinking-out-loud, part listening. So we all learn.

Come with a wall charger position. I see that logic, so agree. But I also see a use case of laptop+phone. That calls on a dual socket. So a bundle could be a wasted bundle.

2 Likes

The option should be there. I’m not exactly sure what you are referring to, but options should be an option lol. I mean most other products have options, different “packages”, so they could offer the cable by itself, with wall-charger, ur idea + (insert good ideas here). It needs to be priced correctly though.

2 Likes

You’ve got all the options there @SlyBandit247
If you don’t have options for your options you may well have no option but to source some options. Well, given the option…:sunglasses:

2 Likes