We Love Testing | Upcoming Testing Events

@paulstevenewing you are not alone,

Now I am getting more and more notifications… third one for today (so far, that is :smiley: )

1 Like

Oh dear, here it comes again! :grimacing:

Patiently waiting to be picked for testing. Ive always loved Anker products and wont use anything else.

Anyone else their C-DC cable yet? I just got mine today and the instructions say to choose the correct tip for it. I don’t have any other tips, nothing else came in the box. That being said I tried it with the tip that is on there, after comparing sizes with my actual charger (they look exactly the same) and it is not charging. It fits, although it’s a little loose, it charged for a second, so it made the connection and does work, but these ‘other tips’ I’m just curious if anyone got them.

discussed in detail here

What you got was this

It came with one tip called “D” which you can fit or not so it becomes type “A”. So what you have can do all of these:

HP Probook, Elitebook, Elitebook Folio, ZBook, Pavillion, Stream, Envy, Spectre, and Split
Lenovo Ideapad, Chromebook, Yoga 710 Series

In the live stream last night we asked and got acknowledgement they should allow the dongles to be available, but remember you are the tool of marketing so you get what you get, not what is sensible or logical.

Good reasons it doesn’t work are:

• not one of the supported laptops, so a failure to check prior to applying. I’m expectoing some of the testers, not necessarily yourself to have blind applied and Anker did not also check you had the supported laptops, we seen testers for example apply for and given Macbook only testing and they didnt own aMacbook.

• you are not using a powerful enough 20V charger for your laptop, something you’d know in advance if you checked, You need one with 20V 3A PD mode - check that. All the cable does is have a PD driver which tells the charger to select 20V, from the 5V 9V 12V 15V 20V the cable otherwise is dumb and physically size end for the laptop as above.

I knew both these and did not apply.

After I decided to not apply. I since realised I could do a test, it works with one of my laptops and my laptops work with 45W 20V ⎓ 2.25A which I own already, so I could have been a valid working tester. Too late.

You must have at least 45W PD as that is the lowest Watts which can be 20V but not necessarily as 45W can be 15V 3A, you’d know this from checking your charger specs. e.g, a 30W PD charger is physically incapable of working.

Most laptops have a 18V cell and no boost converter so must receive 20V or physically will never work.

1 Like

It charged for a bit, as I rotated the input. Yea I have an HP Pavilion, I double-checked that my HP was the right type before signing up, or else it would be pointless. I’m just saying if we are supposed to be testing this device and it’s supposed to come with extra adapters, then we should get the adapters. The power source is not the probably, its an Anker PD charger, the only difference in the design of the Anker’s tip and mine is that mine has a blue right inside, theirs has black. So, was it not supposed to come with the other tips that it says come with it??

I read what they said they’d send which means it comes with the one adapter,

What is the Anker charger you have? “Pair up with a 65W USB-C charger”.

Where did it say that?

1 Like

I forget the exact name but it’s the upgraded C and A, they had to send me a new one cause the old one wasn’t powerful enough to charge my 10000PD

In the book that comes with it…

10000 PD is 9V input you need a 20V charger.

1 Like

No, the charger wasn’t strong enough to charge the 10000, the WALL charger, that I was using it with, So they sent me the 60W one but i don’t know the name

OK if its 60W that has to be 20V so should work.

Implies a dud shipped tester unit.

If you had a volt meter could debug which part is dud.

I dont have the manual, but if says others included that is a document error as they clearly state on Amazon its zero or one adapters.

1 Like

I also have this, so Powerstrip PD

30W is 15V so impossible to work. The 60W is 20V so should work.

1 Like

I may be able to get my hands on one…but sadly this weekend is taken up by work. I’ll get back to ya about it on Monday.

It says the C output does 20V

OK my bad, you said 60W C and A, so that’s not actually 60W from the C, that may be the culprit.

Is your charger this:

That’s actually 45W from C. 20V ⎓ 2.25A

So your laptop also must work with 45W. A very quick check for it’s chargers imply

Which means it should work, your charger is 20V 45W both the HP and the Anker.

Implies dud cable!

1 Like

Ok, yes that’s my charger, I was very confused where you were going with that until the last sentence. lol TY for working this out with me. That’s the point of testing right? I’ll give it another try with a different charger, but if what u are saying is correct (it usually is!) then I should be fine, because yes my laptop does take a small charger…45W

Sounds like a dud cable unit. The HP wants 19.5V, the charger is 20V so if you have more than (Ohm’s Law 0.5V/2.25A) 0.2 Ohms then the voltage drop may be making the laptop not accept.

If its loose then that is the most likely cause, you’re losing voltage due to resistance in the adaptor-cable connection. Other laptop types, say 18.5V, would be more forgiving.

My bet - dud unit shipped.

1 Like