PowerLine USB-C to DC Compatibility

Hi @aheadnetworkmgmt, it doesn’t seem so. The compatible models are listed above!

5 connectors to one shared cable, or 5 cables?

1 Like

@professor, you can see what @Shenoy is saying in that B-D are extensions for A, so while each will likely be sold separately, I wouldn’t be surprised if you could replace them.

what selects the PD mode?

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Here is the amazon listing

2 Likes

I see the photo of the attachments but it’s not listed in the Amazon page:

“What You Get: PowerLine USB-C to DC Cable (6 ft), hook-and-loop cable tie, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and great customer service.”

@Insider @AnkerOfficial Care to elaborate on the contents?

1 Like

Extremely odd. The photos imply you can simply attach one of 4 L shaped adapter but then don’t reference them and only mention the compatibility of just the one included.

CR0%2C0%2C1000%2C1000_PT0_SX300_V1_

1 Like

Exactly what I was wondering.

2 Likes

The product might be a hero… But the marketing has been dud!! No clear mention of how these attachments work, is it a separate cable? Separate attachments? Sold together? Sold separately? No information!

If I were to architect this product, I’d have a cable each for each voltage, and then sell each cable with the adaptors for each cable.

I’d have to put in effort to see if all the laptops use the same voltage, so say two were 20V, three were 18V, I’d have two cables one with 2 adaptors and another with 3.

Then there is the lack of good cheap Anker 45W chargers and a consumer who has a laptop not chargeable by USB who also has another USB PD device to share the charger.

Thinkpad X60 - 20V
Thinkpad T400 - 20V
Thinkpad W500 - 20V

Chromebook - 19V

HP 2230s - 18.5V
HP Elitebook - 18.5V

So I am seeing 3 voltages so if the laptops are strict you’d need 3 cables, but if someone has tested you may be able to use 1 voltage for 18.5 and 19.

1 Like

I have a chrombook laying around I wonder if it would work.

2 Likes

My speculation is that single adapter shown in the primary product photos is included.

2 Likes

Guess we’ll have to wait for the reviews to come out :ok_hand:

1 Like

Looks cool, I wish it worked on other laptops.

1 Like

What is your laptop?

13inch Medion akoya - I’ve got a MacBook Pro thats my wife’s, she just uses it for shopping, a little bit of work Word/Excel ,Facebook and planning holidays.
I just love the convenience of usb-c, hers has a usb-c and I assumed when I bought it that it would allow charging but it doesn’t.
I have just bought a Lenovo 14inch laptop for my aunt which has usb c and it allows charging but only when the device is off.

1 Like

Try a more powerful USB charger?

1 Like

Do you know the specs to these DC attachments (A, B, D and E)? Size dimensions such as 5.5*2.5mm, etc

1 Like

What is not answered in the top post?

I’m pasting what is already there

2 Likes