ISSUES REPORT - Eufy 2k Video Doorbell

How is the tap to view event bug still not fixed. I just hooked up this doorbell yesterday Nov 30th and this bug is still there. Almost 5 months and they can’t fix this bug? So far I’m happy with everything else but this bug is super annoying.

Is anyone having issues with picking up audio from their videos? I’ve tried live streaming, recorded videos & even downloading the video & I’m not getting sound at all from my doorbell. I tried rebooting my smartphone & the doorbell & I’m still getting the same issue. I just cleared the storage/cache & uninstalled the app & than reinstalled & I’m getting the same issue. I checked my wife’s phone & she’s getting no audio as well. Is anyone able to assist?

It is fixed… it was fixed months ago…

Is your app on the latest version?

Seeing as I just installed the app yesterday for the first time and have no new firmware updates since the initial install (checked multiple times already). I would have to say I am completely updated. Why would the play store give me an old version of a brand new install?

Hmm I don’t know.

I’m on iOS, so maybe it hasn’t been fixed on android yet?

I have an android tablet coming tomorrow so I can let you know if it works for me…

Ok. Let me know what you find out.

there is an option in the setting to select the mode when you tap on the notification. I forgot what it is called. I am using an Android phone btw.

I am having this issue. There is audio, the volume is just very very low.

@Tech_Man figured it out.

Go to the settings page of the doorbell, and go to notifications. The first section allows you to toggle the notifications to go to either live view, or the video clip.

Yep it was there. Not sure how I missed it. Thanks! I’ll see if it works.

Yes my app is running the latest version and my wife and I are both using Android phones. It worked fine when we initially set it up but now it’s no audio at all.

Latest Firmware: 2.190. Android app. All has been running just about 2 weeks now.

1. Every day when the doorbell switches from color to IR/B&W at dusk, we get a notification. And the wheel on my car in the driveway is recognized as the ‘human’.

2. 3 different package deliveries to the porch have been missed so far. This concerns me, as we bought it primarily for this reason. I’ve had the sensitivity set to 4/5 with no activity zones setup. I tried setting 5/5 (all motion) today and setting an activity zone covering just our porch and driveway, but then it didn’t even respond when I walked out the door onto the driveway and then back in!

1. This was a problem since the beginning. Seems like they still need a lot of work to train their AI. Lowering the sensitivity fixed this problem for me.
  2. The software is definitely not matured yet.

Installed 4 days ago, running latest version Android app, 2.190 firmware, and have been getting a notification at dusk, and notifications worked the first day, and have not worked since. Restarted phone, doorbell, setup an Activity Zone, and still no notifications. I can walk right up to it, and stare right into the camera from a foot away, and nothing. Only thing I am not sure of is did notifications stop right after the firmware update. Checked all the settings mentioned in this thread, and there is no reason it should not be notifying me. Can watch live stream, and it will notify when you ring the doorbell.

@Homey2 This also happened to me some time ago. What I did resolved the notification issue for my iPhone XS. Simply put, you have to delete the application, re-install, sign back in and check for incoming notifications. That worked for me.

Thanks dicejedi, I will try that, though, it is not working on my wife’s phone either. I did turn the Sensitivity to All motion, and it picked up birds moving around in front of the camera, or snow blowing past, not sure which. I moved the setting from 5 to 4 and will see if that improves it when I go out to shovel my sidewalk and driveway later today. If it starts to notify I am there, then I may change the Sensitivity to 3, 2, then 1 just to see how that goes. Why it stopped working, I don’t know. Just don’t want to have to keep changing settings or having to remove and reinstall every other day.

This “no notifications issue” that happened a while back affected many eufy cam users. Someone posted to delete and re-install and that worked for most. I wouldn’t mess with the settings to get it to work because usually when something like this happens it is mostly due to a firmware update. Tell your wife to do the same and all should work!

This seems to be the catch-all thread for gripes and issues, so here’s my dump from the initial NOOB install:

• The bracket release pin hole on the bottom is harder to find than the five vent slots. Not knowing what it should feel like you’ll jam the pin through some filter material and wag it around inside the unit. Look carefully underneath when inserting the pin. Apparently I did no damage.

• There is no discussion anywhere (Quick Start Guide, anker.com eufy forum) on how to restart the network setup. There is a reset button that I eventually found on the back of the unit. Apparently hold it for several seconds until the front ring LED shows red, then restart the unit setup process in the app.

• A recently introduced bug in the Android app limits entry of the network password to 20 characters max. The app was released Dec 24, 2019. I cannot find any previous revs of the app, so I was forced to create a secondary account on my router with a shorter password.

• The QR code on the back of the unit is invalid and different than the QR code on the folder in the box. Both show the same setup code in text but the QR codes are visibly different and the one on the unit will not scan in QR reader app. Don’t lose the setup code on the folder!

• Within the app, attempting to do the Firmware update fails (from Ver 2.169 to 2.190) Doorbell T8200. The app offers no other option than “Try Again”. Hitting the phone soft back button does nothing. Had to kill the app and restart it. Now, checking for firmware update shows that “Your Doorbell is up to date.” on Ver 2.169.

• Time Settings may need manual DST followed / not followed switch. The app determined that I’m currently on US MST (GMT-07:00)Denver, but Phoenix is MST with no DST switching. Will the time be wrong at the next switch to DST in March?

One more thing that I think should be included on the Issues Report. It appears that the Eufy Doorbell does not pick up your wireless if you are not broadcasting the SSID. I set my SSID to broadcast, the doorbell connected to my wireless, then I set the SSID to not broadcast, and the doorbell lost my wireless connection immediately. Tried this several times, and once the SSID broadcast is turned off, the doorbell cannot find the wireless connection. Not sure what other people think, but I am not comfortable broadcasting my SSID for my wireless to accommodate the doorbell.

I am having the same issue.

There is no audio in any form (live, recorded, or downloaded).

When I go back and look this has been happening for awhile now. It is possible the latest update caused the issue but I can’t be sure.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am still under warranty so that may be the best option.