ISSUES REPORT - Eufy 2k Video Doorbell

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

I have a different issue…notification stopped for motion detection. I can see only doorbell press events and not one when a motion is detected. i played with the motion detection area, sensitivity but nothing worked.

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerTechnician

Upon further investigation it does seem that I have audio for the first 1-2 seconds in each video clip but then it goes silent. This wasn’t an issue when I first installed and I think it was working up until the last update (noticed it last week.

Anker do you have any ideas? Are you aware of these issues?

try factory reset the doorbell by removing it from your account and add it again. In my case, that solved the problem and it is running on the latest firmware

Same issue, No audio after the update.

Maybe I am missing it but I have looked everywhere.

What is the procedure to factory reset?

Thanks!

go to the doorbell setting, scroll down and select remove device. Then add it back in like as a new device like the first time. This will factory reset the doorbell and delete all saved clips

1 Like

I was asked to turn off power at the breaker and turn on after 3 minutes. That fixed the issue!

1 Like

I agree! Very annoying and doesn’t make sense to see live view when it says “view event”.

I don’t know if this is where I post my issues, I couldn’t find where to do a general post identifying issues, so I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place.

1. Battery charging (video doorbell battery)… I have recharged it twice now, both times it had taken in excess of 20 hours, Anker state that it fully charged from 0% to 100% in 6 hours. 1st charge was using the base USB port, the 2nd charge was using a fast wall charger.

2. Two way conversation… is not recorded on a “bell press”, only the visitor is recorded, so not helpful should footage be required for evidence purposes.

3. Reviewing events… The play slider cannot be dragged to ‘rewind’ footage, necessitating watching the Clip in its entirety many times rather than just the portion of interest.

4. Event clip deletion. The ‘select all’ does not select all the clips, it usually only selects 20 clips at a time, on the odd occasion it has selected 40 clips. More of an annoyance.

Other than the above irritations the bell works well although notifications are not ‘instant’ as Eufy claim, there is a delay subsequent to bell press of several seconds generally, but often it can be up to 30 seconds, by which time of course the caller has disappeared!

Suggestion. A canned announcement similar to the ones that can be initiated through the app to announce upon pressing the button " please wait for a response", or a bespoke user recordable one to encourage the caller to be patient and wait at the door.

Issue 1: No Notifications

• Firmware Version: 2.322
  • App Version: 2.0.0(US)
  • Reproducibility: Not reproducible on demand
  • Frequency: Weekly
  • Summary: My camera just simply stops auto-recording when events happen. I live in a townhouse and my neighbors are consistent in their routines, and I have normally 3-4 alerts when I wake up. When I have zero notifications, I can go to the camera and wave my hand in front of it and nothing will happen. At that point I have to go into settings and restart the doorbell and then it works again. I am able to go into camera and view a live feed and that is working, just no motion detection or notifications. I get normally a week until I have to do it again, but at times, 3 or 4 days.

Same issues here. I can pull up live feed from my app…no problems there. Occasionally get a motion notification; however, nothing shows up in the “events” section. In addtion to that, I cannot even change settings…says some sort of P2P error. Odd since I have 6 other Eufy cams…wireless and indoor wired, no network issues with any of those.

Anyone else having these issues?

Here is the biggest issue… still no HomeKit support. No communication about it and no HomeKit.

A hard reset- cutting off the power from the original doorbell chime or electrical panel worked for me. The audio is nice and loud again, the way it should be.