ISSUES REPORT - Eufy 2k Video Doorbell

Actually…I haven’t received an alert… I just tested it… didn’t get notified unless you actually press the doorbell button…

Weird, mine is running the same firmware and same app version but everything works just fine. Looks like you and @NxtGen have the same problem. Have you tried a complete factory reset?

Yup, did everything from start as in new install, still same thing. It’s funny but being in Florida sometimes at night with lightning storm it’ll be set off, mean while someone walking up to the door at night same ambient outdoor lights and I get nothing unless they ring the bell. Which also again happens in broad day light. I hope the unit didn’t go bad in 2 months of use.

High chance that it is because of the software. Side question, did your doorbell update the firmware by itself? I didn’t receive any notification or pop up saying that there is a new software update but when I check the current firmware version, it is 2.166.

No notification, that I recall, it was updated when I looked. In fact if I recall correctly the original software had more settings regarding motion sensitivity, now it’s only 4.

My doorbell auto updates itself. I’ve been working with support with a night vision issue so not sure if it was pushed or not.

I there were 4 settings for the motion sensitivity before the update.

what issue did you have with the night vision? Does it still happen? It is weird that the doorbell update the software automatically without telling the user about it, and no change log as well.

Motion detection doesn’t work at all at night for me. I have a giant bush next to it, so I think thats causing reflection issues.

The world of cloud devices. :slight_smile: Random updates without your consent and only being told after the fact. Its why I am working on moving my Home Automation stuff off of a cloud based solution and onto something more local.

They can notify us about the update but they chose no to. hmmm…

For me whether it’s day or night motion detection is poor even at the most sensitive setting. Like I said before I have changed the detection area have done everything imaginable except from removing the whole unit from the wall no changes at all. I’m almost tempted to buy a Nest.

I think you should contact customer support and ask for a replacement.

My doorbell seems to have the opposite problem. It is much too sensitive on the highest sensitivity setting. I was getting lots of false alerts from shadows and leaves and car lights. I have had good results with level 3 and playing with the detection zone. My main problem is its troubling affection for the tires on my daughter’s van. It seems to recognize them as ‘Human’ and putting them in the ‘face circle’ and disregarding the people on the porch. It’s kind of funny - we just say that it’s in love. :slight_smile:

I run product for my company. What you describe is simply a UI choice. Whoever made the decision considers the notification and ‘event’ to be real-time; hence the decision to link to the live stream. IMHO, understandable but not ideal. If it were my decision, I’d change the Events icon label to Recordings as a first, simple fix. Then in a later release cycle implement configurable settings for notification actions: View Recording, Live Stream and include a check box set as default for either choice.

Totally agree!

Hahahahahah, I am having the same problem with the “affection for the tires” even with level 2 sensitivity setting. Of course that you will get a lot of “false” positive notification on the highest sensitivity setting because it will detect movement of everything, which is why the 4th level is labeled as “All motion”. I put false in quotes because technically it is not false positive.

Hello! @Tech_Man

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback and sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused!

For late notifications, please help to observe for some time. If it do occur frequently, please simply contact support@eufylife.com for a further checking on your device.

For the stop of recording when playing live feed, we will try our best to forward this concern to our engineer team and hope they can further consider its availability in the future! Sincerely apologize for all disappointment caused by the current system limitation. We will keep working! Thank you!

1 Like

Just installed my eufy doorbell and nothing happened. So I checked the transformer for the doorbell and it says 10VA, so I put in a new one that is 16v, 30VA thinking it would fix the issue and still nothing. no light on the front or anything. Called anker and they said could be a defective unit so they are sending a new one. One thing that caught my attention however is that the doorbell gets super hot to the touch. Almost to the point that it could burn someone touching it. After only hooked up for less than an hour. Is that maybe a symptom that the one I got is defective? Anyone else had any issues with theres and the temperature of the unit? Thanks everyone!

sounds like the cables are shorted. Make sure that they don’t touch each other. And I have no temperature problem.

My doorbell took the latest update 2.181 and the motion detection is hardly working. I had to turn the sensetivity to max, and still have to be within 8 feet of to get it to activate. I do have the activity zone turned off as well. Ive only had it installed a few days bur it worked great before the update.