Zolo Liberty+ cannot connect to a Windows 10 laptop

Hi folks

I have been trying for the last couple of days to pair and connect my Zolo LIberty + Earphones to my Windows 10 Laptop. But it is not working.

I can get the earphones to pair correctly to the Windows 10 laptop, but when I press the Connect button, it fails all the time.

When I paired the earphones to the laptop, I turned off the bluetooth of my phone, where the Zolo is already paired and working flawlessly, to ensure it can detect the connection tones on the earphones, which I heard at the end of the pairing process.

Looking at the Windows Event Log, I have located some Warning Messages for the Bluetooth hub:

Event 18 : Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup.

Event 34 : The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

So I am guessing the Zolo Liberty+ firmware does not know how to handle the Windows authentication keys, for some reason. It can be a problem with the Windows drivers or the firmware itself that was not designed to connect to a windows laptop (for whatever reason).

The question here is whether or not this can be fixed.

Can you guys look into this ?

Thanks and regards

Gerson Koji Saito
(Kickstarter backer of the project)

I have my liberty + paired to both my desktop and laptop windows 10 computers. It works flawlessly without issues. My word of advice would be to find the manufactuerer of your bluetooth device in your laptop and then go to that manufacturers website and look for updated drivers…do NOT rely on Microsoft update drivers because it will not update anything provided what is installed is working according to their program. Once you get and install the latest driver from the manufacturer >hardware setting> install new bluetooth device> have both liberty earbuds inside the case and at this step remove them both and push the button at the same time on each…it should show up on bluetooth devices, so connect. It should then pair without any problems

Unfortunately due to the age of that product we do not have any official BIOS / Drivers for Windows 10 for that I can provide.
This is not to say that it wont work just that its not been tested by us or our supplier. We may be able to help with problem devices however if you can tell us what devices don’t work under Windows 10 and you need drivers for.

Lenovo Support Number

I also have trouble pairing Zolo Liberty Z2000 earbuds with my HP Probook Laptop in which Windows 7 Professional is installed. While clicking on Zolo Liberty identified by laptop when Bluetooth is set on; it says driver is required to pair. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Can someone please share with the driver for Zolo Liberty Z2000 model? I need to install it.

There are no drivers for the headphones. You need to go to the manufacturer’s website for your bluetooth chip in your laptop and download their latest bluetooth drivers and then you should be able to pair it to your laptop