Your New Year’s REVOLUTION | Share and WIN

While I’d love to improve on all three categories (you picked some really good ones!), I’ll go with building a better body.

I want to run a lot more than I have in 2017, and build up some muscles, too! :muscle:

A lot of this technology seems to limit / discourage physical activity :sob:, but I hope to overcome that in 2018. Maybe the Eufy BodySense Smart Scale can give me the jump start I need!

1 Like

New Year’s resolution is to better the community not just by example, but get even more involved in the local neighborhood association which I have been involved with for around 7 years

1 Like

My revolutionary resolution for the new 2018 year.

• I want to travel more than this year and more than my last last years.
  • I want to work harder so I can afford more stuff for my family.
  • I want my health up and my weight down, No more fat in my belly (eh, little is ok)

Cheers and Happy new year to all!

This years ‘New Year’s Resolution’ would mainly have to be getting out and visiting more places on downtime days (instead of Sky box set catch ups etc :smile: ). Hopefully this will also give me an additional kick up the butt to get back into more consistent exercise schedule as well as it’s suffered for the past month or two due to either injury or work :frowning2:

1 Like

My New Year’s Resolution, like every other that I’ve been aiming at …hahahha… is to be more active. I think it’s easier to say this then make claims like, lose weight. To me, being active is the key to pretty much everything pertaining to the mind and body. Sure, I’d love to lose some weight. But saying it alone and wishing so, won’t do a darn thing. What will kickstart it? Getting out. Going for a long walk with your dog. Exploring your neighborhood. Hiking, biking, etc. That’s what’s going to help you jumpstart it all.

I almost lost my chihuahua, Mac last April due to Heart Failure. It made me realize how precious time is and how we need to cherish moments we have with family, friends, and the people around us. So from that point on, I have been on a mission to just get out more and spend as much time with these people as I can… yes, my dog is my people too :stuck_out_tongue: . So since then, I’ve been more active. Making sure that I take the time out to go exploring my neighborhood. Taking nice long walks. Walking down to the pier and back with the hubby and Mac. And doing so, my diabetes has improved and I am more centered. And I know that weight loss will come much easier. I’ve even started using apps like Workout. Therefore, I think I’m on a pretty good track towards my resolution for the upcoming new year.

Happy New Year everyone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My resolution this year is to get out walking more to take more photos of my lovely country (Scotland). This helps with two things I want to do - loose some more weight and get better at photography :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Perfect plan. Doing something you enjoy and getting active at the same time. I often do this with the hubby and doggie on the weekends. We are out all day with our cameras. :slight_smile:

I really miss having a dog. Taking a parrot for a walk is a bit more hassle :joy:

Good luck with your weight loss and spending time with people. Life is too short, spend it doing things you enjoy.

3 Likes

I want to spend less time working and more time with my family!

I have a neighbor that takes her parakeet for a walk. Of course, she has it in a carrier. She walks her dog and parakeet all the time. Indeed, life is too short. I try to be thankful for every day.

1 Like

My New Years resolution is to go see my adopted father in California and go to Los Vegas for my mums birthday!

Can’t believe I didn’t realize it said Vargas lol))

1 Like

Is to be a better person and to loose some body fat

1 Like

Is to stop being lazy and walk more since there’s nothing else to do

Updated my post with pictures…

I want to be able to travel more without having to worry about my phone’s battery running out. I also want to run more often.

1 Like

I’m gonna lose these extra pounds, hopefully :joy:

My New Year’s Resolution is to change my diet and eat healthy. Also upgrade my PC and get new stuff like a new phone

Stop wasting money as well

My new years resolution has to be organization and fixing myself.

Wife and i have been in a jumbled mess since my son was born and its high time to retake control for his sake.

Happy New Year all

1 Like

I have large list of and I have one in each of these categories.

1. I want to spend more time outdoors and I want to get out and travel more around Texas and surrounding states. My goal is to visit several state/federal parks and photograph and review them. In addition, I want to spend some time taking some online classes to take better landscape/product pictures and add some more skills to editing the images. I hope to pick up a job as a product photographer and sell my landscape and abandoned Texas pictures.

2. I have a growing list of health issues cropping up. About 10 years ago I was in the IT industry and was 80lbs over weight with a doctor saying loose the weight before I have to label you diabetic. I got out of the IT industry. (the stress caused a lot of my early health issues) So over the next few years I lost 60 lbs and bouncing from 10 to 20 lbs over weight. As a part time fitness professional having a slight gut isn’t good. My goal is to loose the weight and start building muscle again. I plan to spend about 200 minutes in the gym a week and eat better.

3. One of my issues is being unorganized in my personal and professional life. I want to spend more time on my personal business getting in order and pick up another job as a personal trainer. I also want to work on my personal life. I need to get organized and stay organized. If I can teach myself to be more responsible at home then I will help my self at work.

I would like to improve my running time on half-marathons. I’ve slacked off this year and only practiced a couple of months before the race…still crossed the finishline but I would like to improve on it and give more time on it. And of course run other races to see/experience different/new locations.

1 Like