You can now run windows 10 on raspberry pi 3b+

Here’s your daily tech article from me! :grin:

4 Likes

Amazing! Yet another excuse to buy an additional Raspberry Pi…

I currently have 4, one as a media center using Kodi, one for testing suspicious USB sticks and hard drives (no joke- I find them all the time), and one as a general-purpose experimenting device.

And what about the fourth?

Let’s just say that using a heat gun to bend the Pi to fit inside a sphere was not a good idea. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey that’s my thing​:wink::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Why you want to run Windows 10 when anything worth doing exists on Android and Linux?

4 Likes

Shame on you. :joy: because windows 10 is the “usual” so most people prefer that. Also it’s just cool.

1 Like

No windows 10 sucks and keeps breaking people’s Bluetooth and wifi with every update

3 Likes

Where is the thumbs down feature in the community?

4 Likes

I have to use it for work stuff but yeah, I hate it so much I’m usually on a Chromebook or Android.

It just locks up and even a fresh build still does its odd BSOD.

1 Like

Oh I agree it’s bad. I meant it’s cool you can run it on raspberry pi now. Also a lot of people like it because it’s the “usual”. Pls don’t downvote :disappointed_relieved::pray:

2 Likes

I had to use WIN, Mac-OS, Android and LINUX when working.

We had to get our self developed systems to work on all OS.
So there is no antipathy for WIN at all.
But some real “Linuxers” do have!
But in the end I like LINUX, all free and a great community
(Same as here :kissing_heart:)

1 Like

Ugh, I’m stuck using Windows at work as well… I keep a Chromebook handy as well when Windows inevitably locks up and I need to wait for it reboot! :joy:

1 Like

This is one instance I’m glad I was given a MacBook pro, as much as I hate Apple and wouldn’t buy one, this laptop just works and I can get what I need to do done.

1 Like

Guess I’ll put my Pi’s back into use now

1 Like

Where is the downvote in anker community!

That’s the reason I’m all Mac at home! :wink:

I wanted to get mac too but it getting too expensive… Will wait until I win a lottery :smile:

1 Like

I installed and tested this, the performance for Windows 10 and RasPi is very very very slow, it moves frame by frame, need to trim down windows 10, but good for testing or hobby

Your better off installing Windows 10 live on to a USB stick and running it off that as it would be much faster and portable

2 Likes

So putting aside that it beggars believe why someone would waste their time with a large OS on a small platform, personally I find it better to not go with the Pi itself, there are more powerful and smaller items out there which are binary compatible. My “Pi” is a NanoPo Neo.

https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=241

I use mine with a USB 1TB hard drive as my download server.

For interactive use, modern phones are so powerful a BT keyboard + a chromecast is pretty powerful. You own the phone anyway so just bigger interfaces makes it a decent PC. My phone has 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, the cpu benchmarks 6 times faster than the Pi 3.

1 Like

Bought bunch of these Raspi devices for great deal during the black friday coupled with micro sd cards. These are great devices to play and test. Have the Pihole adblocker, XMBC media server and Home VPN setup on these :slight_smile:

Windows 10 is definitely an overkill, and definitely not an everyday use case, but its worth testing new possibilities, considering Windows now works on ARM chipsets.