Would you allow an Amazon delivery driver into your house...When you’re not there?

*you’re (same for title)

Otherwise, I do think it’s the next logical step. Interesting that Walmart is also trying to compete :joy:
This might be safer than requiring a signature or setting it by the door because it is actually in your house.

Touché…Google Chrome’s take on grammar :laughing:

I’m all for innovation but allowing access without physical presence or scoping of your house items by Joe the delivery driver does not seem overly innovative (or lays well with me)…burglars have already broke ground there :grin:

Nope!:cold_sweat:

Can you offer up a better solution? I’d feel more comfortable with this than the current system where packages are left unattended to on the porch, or perhaps someone claims a signature when you’re gone and then poof you’re out of luck.

You read my mind

hell no…they really should just expand the lockers or something this is just asking for trouble.

I probably would not use this service from Amazon.

So given how much hacking we see. I kept my house low-tech its just a lock and key.

In some situations there are key locks, secured to your property and you can already register with couriers like UPS to tell them the pin code.

LOL. Mac would just let you in as long as you don’t wake him up from his beauty sleep. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Chihuahuas are suppose to be good watchdogs…I said watchdogs, didn’t say GUARD dogs. I think my chihuahua is broken. LOL! He is the most low key chihuahua that I have ever known. Rarely ever even barks. He’s more of a monitor not a guard. Hahaha.

2 Likes

This is the reason why I haven’t really used any type of home controls. The closest I had was remote access to my computer, but that was because I use to run programs for Stanford and also did fAH so I wanted to monitor things.

I saw that news this morning. For it, you have to buy an Amazon camera and a smart lock. But if I had these things, I’d definitely give this a try ! So convenient

In China, every community has a place to collect parcels, so if you are not at home, the delivery driver will leave your parcel to that parcel collecting center, then when you get out of work, you could go there to take your parcel. Don’t need to worry about it anymore.:grin:

2 Likes

Some buildings in France, especially in Paris have a Concierge. He (or She) can collect your packages when you are not home. Very useful, but it also cost a lot because this person is paid by all the owners in the building.

Not a chance. I don’t like having neighbors, contractors, and people I really don’t know in my house. Why would I let a complete stranger into my house without me being there? That gives them the chance/opportunity to snoop/steel something that they may not have thought about doing if I was there.

Stainless Steel is in though…

It’s the quiet ones you need fear most…

3 Likes

I’ll just put it this way.

I’ve lived in my own home, alone, for 3+ years now, and I still locked my bathroom door when I use it.

4 Likes

I think i would rather risk somone taking it off my porch than being able to go in my house.

1 Like

:joy: if that was me i wouldn’t use doors at all