Wish list of features for EufyCam

I’m sure it could be but like Anker said there are warnings when internal temperature of the camera becomes to high. I assume the temperature sensor is on the batteries and board and would not be useful to monitor outside temperatures only the battery and board temperature of the camera.

While cutting the lawn or shoveling snow I get tons of motion notifications and recordings if I forget to switch to Home mode where I have notifications and recordings turned off. My issue is that I often forget to switch back to my Schedule mode when finished with my outdoor activities.

Is it possible to implement a temporary mode change where the cameras could switch to one mode for x hours and then return to the previous mode? Or implement a reminder notification if the camera isn’t in a specified mode at a certain time each day?

Mode switching would be a lot easier if it could be changed via force touch on iPhones.

2 Likes

Good point. That’s what happened yesterday. I forgot to turn the camera off before shoveling driveway, ended up getting 30 notifications when checked the app after I returned.

I’ve been asking for a “pause for duration X” feature for quite some time, but Eufy has yet to respond. Basically, an option to pause for (e.g.) 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours, 4 hours, or something similar.

1 Like

We do appreciate the suggestion! At the moment we do have the scheduling function to supplement this, and we will be introducing geofencing relatively soon, but we do see what you mean regarding an easier way to switch modes.

1 Like

We have a plan for a snooze function in our product roadmap! Stay tuned ( :

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. Thanks!

That would make my life easy!

1 Like

Scheduling and geofencing wont help with this issue but your answer to Crownfox supports the feature I was looking for.

Being able to quickly change modes from the home screen with forcetouch is the feature I miss most from Arlo:

2 Likes

Any time frame when we’ll be able to adjust exposure/contrast? Specifically for night? My eufycam’s are positioned in such a way that peripheral objects close by are so brightly lit by the IR that the main view in the middle is completely dark/blacked out.

I think you should re-position your camera so the nearby objects are not captured or influence the IR focus. I have tried that and resolved the issue.

I understand. But this is the best position for keeping the entire area in view

I thought the same too, believe me the camera has 140 deg field of view, it would capture your area even if you move it little further or to the side.
As long as you capture nearby objects (even if it sees a wall) the focus is altered.

In this instance, you’d want to re position the camera as it does look like the IR is being blocked.

1 Like

Just found this after starting a topic…Glad to hear!

Need this Snooze/Ignore feature ASAP!

I have just realised that one of my cameras has stopped working due to the battery going flat. This is OK because it gets pretty heavy usage but i am disappointed that I didn’t get any advanced warning that this was about to happen and hence I have been with out this camera for 3 days before I realised. This is not very secure!! We should get a warning notification that the battery is critical when it gets down to a certain level.

Would love to have the feature to activate a push alert/activate a camera (only) if noise/voice/sound gets detected. For example if you have a baby sleeping in the living room you get a notification as soon as it starts crying but not if it is just moving in sleep. Other scenario: burglars are trying to force open a gate and this should already alarm me.

eufy cam is still a video security cam and not a audio guardian.

Here you go:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s nice, but I bought a camera for 400€, which also has the technical requirements for audio guarding.

May be this will be added to feature list after fulfilling the basic and promised features on priority.
For now there is no scope for it I think.